Mechanical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Mechanical Specialist for our Data Center in Odense, Denmark. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our systems operate to meet the demands of our customers. The Mechanical Specialist will be a part of the Facility Operations team and will be responsible for being the mechanical system technical operations expert. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse technologies such as evaporative cooling, DX cooling, water distribution, fire suppression systems, and have a working knowledge of building automation systems and electrical distribution.
- Serve as technical/consultative resource of mechanical infrastructure systems and equipment.
- Hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Assist in authoring processes, procedures and reporting metrics.
- Analyze data to assist development of predictive maintenance plan.
- On-site lead for root cause analysis activities in area of expertise.
- Oversight of water quality maintenance.
- Some travel to other data center regions.
- Provide training to Critical Facility Engineers on mechanical equipment and procedures.
- Manage vendor relationships for mechanical equipment.
- Perform any additional services needed to meet the requirements of the facility in support of maintenance functions.
- 7+ years SME Journeyman level experience.
- 7+ years experience in a data center or other critical environment preferred.
- Trade certification or state license in SME area preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge of critical facility operations.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety monitoring and control systems typically used in critical environments.
- Working knowledge of psychometric charts.
- Working knowledge of Thermodynamics.
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.