Head of IT Development
If you are driven by having the ability to influence and be a part of a rapidly growing and successful business where you can make a significant difference, we have the right challenge for you. As a successful FinTech company, Saxo Payments is seeking world class employees to drive the business forwards and be a part of the success story.
As Head of IT Development, your role is to strengthen the IT development process and extend the team to cater for the increasing demand for deliverables whilst maintaining high service and product quality.
You will become a key player in the company’s journey towards fulfilling business goals through the increased use of IT as a differentiator. We are about to embark on the next set of significant initiatives that will extend our platform into the public cloud and gear up on internal application development, to use IT even more actively to support and develop the business.
You will set and maintain the direction for software development and you will be a major stakeholder on making decisions on technologies and hosting.
To succeed we expect you to:
- Collaborate with IT and Business management on strategic initiatives and optimise the use of IT in the organisation
- Take responsibility for and pro-actively drive improvements on processes and tools used in the organisation related to IT development
- Take responsibility for the assessment and development of the skillset in your team
- Take responsibility for the definition of policies, standards and procedures, guidelines and ‘roles and responsibilities’ for IT development
- Collaborate with IT Operations to define and implement the development, delivery and hosting frameworks and develop the skillset needed to support Continuous Delivery to production.
As Head of IT Development, you will be part of the Saxo Payments IT management team, and you will report to the Head of IT & Projects.
You will be based in Copenhagen, but since we also have offices in Luxembourg and London, you should expect some travel.
- Master/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience with at least 5 years in a management position
- Proven ability of leadership in application development and developing people talent
- Extensive practical experience with modern application development in customer facing as well as internal solutions
- Extensive knowledge about modern hosting & platform solutions – including public cloud as AWS or Azure
- A solid understanding of the financial sector and a good understanding of the regulatory requirements for applications and industry security standards is an advantage.
- An opportunity to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to helping you grow personally and professionally
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and very ambitious team and, at the same time, in an informal and pleasant working environment
- An opportunity to join a company imbued with entrepreneurial spirit and passion, where open communication and collaboration are supported
- An opportunity to work in a newly formed fast-growing company
- An opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and technologically changing sector.
If you feel you meet these criteria, please send us your application as soon as possible.
For any further information please contact Head of IT & Projects, Martin Bergholt on +352 691 370 359.
Saxo Payments Banking Circle is a global scale financial utility, underpinning the service propositions of financial institutions allowing them to focus resources on the customer relationship.
By becoming a member of the Banking Circle, financial institutions can offer banking services to their customers and help them to trade globally, at low cost and efficiently. Importantly they can help their customers improve cash flow through enhanced speed of settlement whilst remaining fully compliant with financial regulation.
For businesses within the financial tech industry, the Banking Circle offers an alternative for managing multiple banking relationships in different regions. For banks, the Banking Circle offers an add on to the correspondent banking model.
For more information, visit www.bankingcircle.com