Backend Software C# Developer
Digitalization is an important factor for delivering new improved services and experiences to our employees, customers and partners. Like most other companies this year MAN Diesel & Turbo are pushing speed and agility into this area, which means that we are looking for qualified candidates for the position Backend Software Developer in the Group IT - Software Development Department.
The candidate will work closely with product owners, internal and external developers to develop custom solutions and integrate standard solutions with the backend environment.
Software Development Department is a newly established IT area responsible for digital transformation and agile software development, the correct candidate will be part of a large international team of colleagues working out of Denmark, Germany, India and Switzerland.
The candidate chosen will be working out of Copenhagen in an agile, challenging and developing area and must show confidence in interacting with fellow IT professionals and business stakeholders, be able to work independently, and have a willingness to share knowledge and continually develop your skill sets.
What we expect of you:
- You have at least 2 years of challenging IT experience from similar position that have involved development of data enabling complex software solutions.
- IT or equivalent degree with a major in software development - focus on backend/full-stack software development.
- Have participated in Scrum and Agile projects with implementation of complex solutions.
- Team player with a drive for continuous growth and learning in a moving environment, where trends and industry changes are to be expected.
- You work with strong commitment and can take on challenges and have a reputation for being results oriented, ambitious and able to work across the organization, both individually and in teams.
- You are good at interpreting Business requirements into Technical solutions. You have a creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolutions.
- Desired experience in C# / Web API, SQL, TFS, Git, Jira, Confluence and RESTful APIs or traditional web services.
- Understanding of Data and Software Architecture and using clear coding principle around security and testing.
- Evidence of being self-motivated and driven – you find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve hard problems.
- Experience of working within a DevOps environment is also an advantage.
- You are fluent in English both written and spoken. (German language skills are also an advantage).
Qualifications and experiences:
The right candidate should preferably have some experience in the following areas:
- In order to ensure consistent and continual agile development of our in-house complex software developments, experienced C# .NET knowledge are required to enhance our existing teams.
- A clear knowledge of complex backend development environments, database integrations, RESTful API, Micro services development and management, open source capabilities and web services are some of the skill sets needed to be successful.
- A keen regard for "security by design", reusability, logic building, data mining and quality are needed.
- Understand what it’s like working in an agile scrum environment and interacting closely with frontend designers and developers. If you have gained skills as a scrum master this would be an advantage.
- Potentially, knowledge of working with backend or full-stack developments in cloud environments is also an advantage.
We offer you:
- A versatile, creative and challenging job in an international organisation comprising both professional and personal development opportunities.
- An agile working environment with dedicated and skilled colleagues who enjoy “hygge” on a regular basis.
- Flexible working hours.
- A salary match your qualifications and a pension scheme with health insurance.
- Roof top Cantine with a delicious selection in the buffet.
Are you interested?
If this is the job you are looking for, please send a motivated application, CV and other relevant qualification by clicking "Apply online". We look forward to hearing more about you.
The deadline for application will be Tuesday the 20th of Marts 2018. Interviews will happen during the application period.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Peter Stern on +45 3385 1476. For further information regarding the company please visit our website www.mandieselturbo.com