Quality Assurance Engineer
Who are Roku?
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
What’s happening in Denmark?
Roku’s new Denmark office is focused on R&D around wireless audio streaming, and the company’s ‘Whole Home’ licensing program, which enables OEM brands to license Roku Connect software to enable AV devices to connect into the Roku ecosystem. We are looking to grow our team significantly over the next year, to meet with the high demand of exciting new projects.
What we are looking for?
Roku is seeking an experienced and versatile Quality Assurance Engineer (Black/Grey box) to evolve our automated test infrastructure, and test software (OS and Firmware) and hardware on our AV devices for major product releases. You will also drive projects independently, represent QA concerns in meetings (with cross-functional project team members) and provide valuable end-user feedback.
What do we offer?
We offer a chance to work with some incredible and well-respected individuals from the Danish AV industry who will challenge you, question you, collaborate with you and in general work in a team together with you. Moreover, we pay very competitive market rates, we offer RSU’s and other benefits such as pension and healthcare, and are located at very attractive facilities on the Århus perimeter.
Roku’s environment will suit an entrepreneurial type person, who thinks on their feet, requires little direction but when they have an idea, makes sure their voice is heard. If you’re looking for a flexible working environment, working with a dynamic and diverse team and have an open mind, then Roku is the perfect environment for you. We really believe in making sure your work balances your life and not the other way around.
This position requires a good understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), and experience with a variety of test automation frameworks and testing techniques (Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM). Audio testing on microphones and speakers; Set-Top Boxes, Wi-Fi, TV remote controllers; and configuring and testing routers for all 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz channels is necessary, however exceptions do happen for the right candidate.
- Create test plans for new products/features and ensure adequate automated and manual test coverage
- Assist in the certification process for partner devices to ensure compatibility with Roku
- Test compatibility with HDMI / HDCP, Wi-Fi networks/routers, audio/video streaming file types
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports
- 7+ years of experience as a QA engineer, writing and executing QA test plans for consumer electronics products
- Testing experience on hardware
- Experience with home networking functionality, Wi-Fi and audio; audio codecs in Entertainment Systems, Set-Top Boxes, TV, Wi-Fi (2.4Ghz & 5GHz), AV remote controllers
- Experience generating and presenting quantitative reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent