Quality Assurance Engineer
Roku is seeking an experienced and versatile Quality Assurance Engineer (Black/Grey box) to test software (OS and Firmware) and hardware on our devices for major product releases. Responsibilities include formulating test strategies, designing test cases and creating automated test scripts for testing new products in early development phases (and in support of manufacturing). You will also drive projects independently, represent QA concerns in meetings (with cross-functional project team members) and provide valuable end-user feedback.
This position requires a good understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), experience with a variety of testing techniques (Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM) and strong written and organizational skills. Sound testing on microphones and speakers; Setup Boxes, Wi-Fi, TV remote controllers; and configuring and testing routers for all 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz channels is necessary. You will automate when necessary and perform an organized and effective test process that releases and leads the highest quality product possible on-time to market.
Roku’s Denmark office is focused on R&D around the company’s whole home licensing program which enables OEM brands to license Roku Connect software to enable AV devices to connect into the Roku ecosystem.
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
- Own QA testing process for features on new products and devices
- Partner closely with hardware and firmware development teams
- Assist in the certification process for partner devices to ensure compatibility with Roku
- Test compatibility with HDMI / HDCP, Wi-Fi networks/routers, audio/video streaming file types
- Create test plans for new products/features and ensure adequate test coverage
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports
- Record all test results for each test suite and provide a high-level summary of areas tested.
- 7+ years of experience as a QA engineer, writing and executing QA test plans for consumer electronics products
- Testing experience on hardware
- Experience with home networking functionality, Wi-Fi and audio; audio codecs
- Experience working with Setup Boxes, Wi-Fi (2.4Ghz & 5GHz), TV remote controllers
- Experience with Python or equivalent language in developing automated tests to validate Products
- Experience formulating test strategy, designing test cases and modifying/executing automated regression test scripts
- Willingness to execute test procedures to verify functionality against specs and product requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Experience generating and presenting quantitative reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.