Senior Software developer
As a developer on the team you will possess the skills and confidence to undertake the challenges of working in a fast paced environment, frequently be taken out of your comfort zone and relish getting your hands dirty working with and building and to apply your expertise on our range of devices/products.
We are looking engineers with extensive experience in embedded Linux, system-on-a-chip (SoC) development and integration, streaming audio and video technologies, and integration of third-party code. A proven track record of shipping high quality software on embedded platforms is essential. This is a great role for a senior professional who enjoys a high-level of visibility or for someone looking to take that next step up in their career.
Roku’s Denmark office is focused on R&D around the company’s whole home licensing program which enables OEM brands to license Roku Connect software to enable AV devices to connect into the Roku ecosystem.
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
- 7+ years of relevant software development experience.
- In-depth understanding of Linux, tools, libraries and open source development.
- Extensive systems programming experience with C/C++.
- Ability to work in both user and kernel space.
- Intimate knowledge of media playback engines and streaming protocols.
- Proven track record of success with embedded system development projects.
- Ability to accurately estimate software tasks and work to schedule.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
- Excellent communications skills and exemplary writing ability.
- Good judgment particularly in high pressure times.
- Trustworthy and able to keep highly sensitive information confidential.
- Able to independently structure and manage workflow and priorities.
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership.
- Positive attitude.
- Non political.
- Results oriented.
- Hands on and team oriented.
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment.
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed.