.NET Back-End Developer
Maersk Line are in the process of strengthening its development services organisation with a focus on driving predictability, reduced cost of ownership across and lowering time to value of delivery.
A need has been identified for a talented .NET Back-End Developer to support the development of a series of new projects on the latest technologies to help strengthen Maersk’s competitive edge.
The Developer will work closely with the application development and business teams in an energetic and agile environment, and will be involved in the day to day development and design of the applications underlying our shipping operations planning and execution.
The successful candidate will gain knowledge about the processes around Maersk’s automated development pipeline that moves features onwards from development to production.
Maersk can offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development, working with highly skilled and very motivated technical people which will guarantee a high-paced learning environment with a focus on individual ambitions.
Maersk Headquarters at Esplanaden and the IT Headquarters at Dampfærgevej are highly international and inspiring environments with an attractive value proposition for the employees.
As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient.
In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women.
Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
You are also invited to participate in our abundant breakfast and lunch scheme and take advantage of our fully equipped in-house fitness centre at Esplanaden, as well as a number of other recreational offers.
The Developer will work in a cross functional agile team with application development and analysis as the main tasks, and will participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming and task estimation.
Further responsibilities will be to work closely with the whole agile team to identify risks and drive the development of automated tests.
- Code contribution to a development pipeline governed by continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) principles
- Working to improve technical and professional skill set as part of the daily work
- Supporting the developed features transition though the development pipeline and into the production environment
- Participation in quality design (supportable, maintainable, scalable, secure) and implementation of software required to deliver significant business value
- Participation in refinement of user stories (technical and functional) into design sketches and tasks
- Proactively contribute to continual improvements within the team through both retrospective analysis and cross team communities
- May be required to participate in an on-call rotation in periods
We are looking for
The ideal candidate will have a several years of backend development experience and possess an understanding of data modelling and application architecture.
An understanding of design principles and knowledge about the separation of UI and Business logic is required, along with experience in understanding the importance of requirements and processes expressed by business stakeholders, and a desire to strive to create robust backend components that meet the needs.
Must have experience with the following:
- C# .NET (4.x and/or Core 2)
- ASP.NET MVC / Web API
- Basic T-SQL skills (MS SQL)
- Unit testing
Experience with the following would be of benefit:
- Source code integration and version control e.g. GIT
- Agile software development
The candidate will want to improve as Back-End Developer e.g. by gaining experience with:
- Fast turnaround development (prototyping)
- Continuous delivery pipeline tools like (VSTS/TFS)
- Design principles and patterns
- Azure Cloud
From a personal perspective, the role will also require the following:
- The ability to articulate clearly to the technical team members
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to work independently and in teams to meet sprint goals
- The ability to drive tasks to completion
- The ability to effectively express and present ideas/information within the team
- Good verbal communication skills - both written and spoken in fluent English
As a performance-oriented company, Maersk strives to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. The company is proud of its diversity and sees it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.