Infrastructure Architect - Cloud Integration
Maersk Transport and Logistics, a multi-brand division of A.P. Moller – Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company in the world.
If you are a highly performing professional, who has a passion for driving organisational change in a fastpaced, complex environment, join Maersk Transport & Logistics to be part of our transformation and get the opportunity to shape the future of the world’s largest shipping company!
Maersk Transport and Logistics is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, 25 days holiday a year and other attractive benefits.
As an Infrastructure Architect within IT Support, Operations and Engineering you will have an amazing opportunity and chance to be part of an exciting journey and help influence and drive key business outcomes in support of that journey. Subject matter expertise combined with a solid business understanding will be key and you will be working in a fast-paced international environment with high calibre colleagues.
We will invest in your personal and professional development and support you in unfolding your potential. As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performance teams.
The Cloud Integration Infrastructure Architect is the Design Authority within the business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-customer (B2C), and cloud application infrastructure space. This role will support associated integration projects, across on-premises, hybrid and public cloud environments.
The architect will be accountable for ?
Overall direction, guidance, and definition of the group’s B2B, B2C
and Cloud-native integration infrastructure architecture to support the corporate business strategy ?
Ensuring compliance of the overall IT infrastructure to architectural standards, such as scalability, ease of integration, and portability ? Managing creation and alignment of release plans and ensuring automation of system changes where possible ?
Developing business integration and testing approaches, including automation ?
Engagement with Production Services to understand problems with the environment affecting their area of expertise ?
Maintaining and drawing on an external network of resources (e.g. vendors, industry contacts) ?
Having direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development implementation and use of IT systems within the infrastructure domain
The architect will be responsible for:
- Maintaining reference architecture and roadmaps for their area of expertise
- Being part of EDI/B2B, B2C and cloud integration projects
- Keeping a good dialogue with the service owner, SME´s etc. and act as technical pre-sales and governance oversight with internal customers.
- Driving new innovations in the middleware space in close dialogue with service owners, and be an enabler and accelerator of improvements.
- Architecting and designing solutions to business requirements in accordance to technology roadmaps, principles, standards and guidelines
- Working with delivery teams to develop sustainable and achievable solutions
- Alignment of technology to business strategy to energize business outcomes
- Ensure technology is scalable, uses the principles of re-use, cost optimization, etc
- Actively working with projects to improve and communicate architecture standards and design patterns
- Providing hands-on guidance, support, and review for the creation of all technical components within the integration space
The candidate should have excellent written and verbal skills in English, with a university education. The employment history will include time spent in a variety of roles, covering both development and production environments, and ideally a period working for a consultancy across multiple blue-chip customer facing engagements.
Key skills required:
- > 10 years I.T experience
- > 3 years in an architecture role
- > 5 years working with EDI/B2B, B2C, M2M, A2A technologies and standards
- Multi-project experience with EDI/B2B solutions
- Experience within Hybrid and Public Cloud environments
- Project exposure to cloud native integration architecture, including API platform, event streaming and microservice messaging technologies
- Strong market knowledge of vendors providing integration and related products
- Good understanding of security across Cloud and LAN/DMZ networking
- Monitoring tools appropriate to integration
Desirable technical skills:
- Design and installation of highly available integration topologies
- Design/development of end to end message flows
- Experience with iPaaS (Integration PaaS) and Cloud ETL approaches
- Experience with Microsoft integration technologies
- Experience with IBM MQ, IBM Integration Bus
- Understanding of ISO 27000 Information Security and ISO 2230 Business Continuity and their impact on integration services ? Foundation in Prince2, TOGAF 9.1, ITIL V3
- Cloud Platforms (preferably Azure, also Bluemix, Oracle, AWS)
- IT knowledge of storage, networking, AD, VMWare/ESX
- Networks (LAN/WAN/Firewalls)
- Storage performance (local, SAN, NFS, Cloud storage)
- Product and Vendor Evaluation (contribute).
For further information, please contact: Jay Rayment firstname.lastname@example.org
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.