Application Architect - Mobile
Can you hold the standard high, drive change and build commercial value through bringing the brand to life every day? Can you take responsibility of technical realisation of IT solutions for a specific application is designed and implemented in accordance with organisational guidelines, standards and best practices?
Then this is the role for you…
Maersk are on a transformation journey and we are interested in talking to professional Application Architects to work losely with project teams, solution architects and enterprise architects to ensure overall integrity and scalability of solutions
Scope is both off the shelf application configuration and implementation, as well as system/application component design as part of a custom build using approved technologies.
If you want to join a growing global team, read on...
Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Application Architect - mobile, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Application Architecture, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
- Acting as focal point and subject matter expert for the application(s) in scope
- Responsible for translating business, information and technical requirements into an architectural model/blueprint that outlines the most appropriate software solutions to achieve critical business objectives
- Providing and maintaining application roadmaps
- Working with enterprise architecture, solution architecture as well as application and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for each project
- Providing design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy
- Developing enterprise level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features
- Working and designing with a DevOps mindset to further the continuous integration and deployment evolution
- Providing expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business
- Researching and applying knowledge of emerging technologies and possible application to the business
- Acting as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor and change agent
- Assisting in identification and definition of non-functional requirements and Technical Architecture Documents
- Advising on solution test strategy and scope
We are looking for
We want to talk to you if you have the following skill set:
- Archimate modelling
- Collaboration skills
- Agile and waterfall project models;
- Application Deployment
- Application Design and Architecture
- Cloud Technologies and Microservice design
- Design for DevOps and Automation
- Typically 7 to 10 years of experience in multiple IT areas and 2–3 years of relevant architecture experience
- Requires advanced knowledge and understanding of architecture, application systems design and integration
- Requires experience with IT Governance and Lifecycle Processes as well as proven experience in designing IT projects
- Previous roles might include IT Analyst, Solution Architect
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.