Enterprise Architect - End User Computing
Are you a pragmatic End User Computing strategist with digital systems credibility, and the ability to influence at senior management level and collaborate across organisational boundaries in a federated model? Is yours a transformational mindset with skills to develop and present compelling business cases, for high-level initiatives and roadmaps?
Then read on...
Reporting to the Head of Technology Architecture - Enterprise Architecture, the End-user Computing Architect will have responsibility across Maersk Transport & Logistics. This is a critical role responsible for defining and driving the mid to long term End-user Computing strategy across the enterprise to enable our digital endeavours as well as guiding what we have today. You will be a key technical authority on all Strategic design activity. Driving standardisation, compliance, consistency along with defining and ensuring the application of Enterprise End-user Computing principles.
Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Enterprise Architect, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Enterprise Architecture, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
- Responsible for monitoring End-user Computing market trends and developing an in-depth understanding of emerging technologies and the associated risks and opportunities, and where possible, contribute to emerging standards beneficial for Transport and Logistics.
- Capture and prioritise market and environmental trends, business strategies and objectives, and identify the business benefits of alternative security strategies; understanding the relevance for the Transport and Logistics strategy.
- Ability to absorb complex information and communicate effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Manage risk and promote compliance with relevant legislation such as GDPR.
- Lead the definition, capture and maintenance of the critical information required to model the organisation’s current End-user Computing landscape.
- Perform strategic assessment of current capabilities and how well these capabilities are compliant with our security policies.
- Identify strategic issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Accountable for leading and making decisions on all aspects of End-user Computing across major IT programmes.
- Responsible for the End-user Computing that supports the IT applications and infrastructure.
- Responsible for working with vendors to ensure that T&L and third-party End-user Computing plans on technology are aligned.
- Set a relevant and inspiring direction for the future of End-user Computing for Transport & Logistics IT environment;
- Coach, mentor and collaborate with peers, solution architects, development teams and project teams to achieve successful outcomes;
- Communicate and build advocacy for security direction with a wide range of stakeholders.
We are looking for
- Transformational mindset using an approach of persuasion and encouragement that embeds sustainable capabilities
- Expert level experience in enterprise level architecture and design (TOGAF, SABSA, Zachman) and a clear understanding of all cloud architecture and EUC frameworks and techniques
- Must have built architecture capability and worked within globally distributed matrix organisation
- Experience of working within Agile and Waterfall environments
- Commercial acumen gained through enterprise level business case development and major interactions with vendors
- Fostering great relationships without direct authority across functional boundaries and geographies
- Proven ability to make pragmatic short-term decisions whilst aligning with a long term strategic outcome
- Ability to execute on a global scale.
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - email@example.com.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.