Senior Enterprise Architect - Business
Are you a pragmatic self-starter with the ability to cooperate with a wide rnage of stakeholders? Do you have a transformational mindset with skills to develop and present compelling business cases, for high-level initiatives that deliver the business vision?
Then this could be the career for you!
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Business Architecture, the Senior Enterprise Business Architect will have responsibility across Maersk Transport & Logistics IT. You will engage with business stakeholders across the T&L organisation to business model our future state, current state and the required transition state business architectures to drive strategically aligned investment planning. The articulation of all these states will facilitate conversations and decisions around strategic choices for executing T&L business strategy driving improvements in information systems, data management, practices, procedures, organisation and equipment.
Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Enterprise Architect you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Enterprise Architecture, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
- Engaging with stakeholders in the T&L organisation to document our Business Reference Architecture.
- Responsible for the modeling of end to end business landscape across multiple dimensions for example: Customer Journeys, T&L Business Services, Service ‘Value Creation’ lifecycles (Value Streams) and Business Capabilities to describe our current, future and transition state architectures.
- Business Architecture Models will be developed and maintained for the following areas: Future Business Vision (Target Operating Model (TOM)); Current state Business Landscape; Transition States for Investment Planning.
- It includes the on-going development, maintenance and governance across all these states using T&LIT’s preferred EA methods, tools and techniques.
- Participates in identification, promotion and awareness of business improvement opportunities using these models; including digital modernisation.
- Supports new Propositions & Innovations to provide cost, complexity & implications of change and run.
We are looking for
- Broad understanding in developing enterprise target operating models aligning business outcomes with Customer Journeys, T&L Business Services and the required business capabilities both within Maersk T&L and externally in peer companies.
- Forms architecturally-led roadmaps and subsequent program shaping.
- Transformational mindset using an approach of persuasion and encouragement that embeds sustainable capabilities
- Experience in enterprise level architecture and design and a clear understanding of all business architecture frameworks and techniques
- Demonstrate Management Consultant level strategic design-thinking experience and approaches to facilitate logical and structured business needs analysis.
- Commercial acumen allowing constructive engagement with the stakeholders around the organisation
- Fostering great relationships without direct authority across functional boundaries and geographies
- A proven self-starter that can make progress making pragmatic decisions
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a Global organisation
- Ability to execute on a global scale.
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.