Business Analyst - Service Design
Play a critical role in the change organisation that will enable Maersk Transport & Logistics to implement and deliver Service Design and get the “Service mindset” established across the organisation. As part of the Transport & Logistics IT Portfolio & Projects function, you will have the unique opportunity to join the delivery of a massive transformation of Maersk. You will be a key member of a highly professional, engaged and results-driven team, which delivers process design and requirements in close collaboration with business leadership. We need your talent to consult our team when working with Service Design, to support decision making in relation to the Business architecture set-up and be the link to the run organisation when discussing Business Services’.
As Business Analyst within our Customer Experience team, you will be part of the Process Design Authority department consisting of several teams working with transformation across different business areas. You will be working with the teams, to inform changes to existing Business Services’ or create entirely new Services’, and you will have a key role in implementing the “Service way of thinking” as part of the Process Design Authority’s deliverables. Together with our Service Designer you will establish best practices for designing services’ according to both the needs of our customers and the competencies and capabilities of the organisation. In addition, you will take the lead on the work in a dynamic environment with a range of stakeholders and colleagues across our global organisation, offering you a unique chance to showcase your ability to drive transformation through Service Design while getting massive exposure across the organisation.
Maersk has a large portfolio of projects which aim to optimise the customer experience and realise significant business benefits by simplifying, standardising and automating processes. We are on an exciting journey that will substantially change the way we conduct our business and engage with customers. We are offering the right candidate a unique opportunity of accelerated learning in our winning team and you will take part in shaping the journey and the future organisation.
Maersk Headquarters at Esplanaden and the IT Headquarters at Dampfærgevej are highly international and inspiring environments with an attractive value proposition for the employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year. You are also invited to participate in our abundant breakfast and lunch scheme and take advantage of our fully equipped in-house fitness centre at Esplanaden, as well as a number of other recreational offers.
You will help IT in ‘being the trusted partner’ our company deserves. You will be defining the IT solutions needed for our company to realize value for our customers. Your success will be based on the close collaboration with the process design teams, programme and business stakeholders, while still having the ability to deliver non-biased designs and recommendations to enable the organisation to make decisions and execute them. Finally, communicating effectively with senior leadership will be vital to both delivering results and creating a personal brand. Your responsibilities will include the following activities amongst others:
- Develop approach for working with Service Design and how we manage our deliverables towards it
- For new projects, assessing the impact to any existing service(s) and consult on updating the Business Service documentation as appropriate
- Execute the design process to ensure the correct principles and options are catered for and documented
- Working closely with existing operational support areas to ensure the service that is built is fit for purpose and can be supported. And supporting the hand over to guided support and live running
- Take part of transferring the solution to become the responsibility of the Business Service Management Team
- Support the eCommerce Team projects’ assisting in Business Analysis, process and requirements development
- Constructively challenge assumptions and perceptions with data and analytics
- Ensure that the Process Design Authority team lives up to its accountabilities by delivering on time with high quality.
We are looking for
You have a consultant’s mindset and want to deliver a great service to your stakeholders. You have high energy levels and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
You hold a M.Sc. with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a relevant role such as an analyst or consultant. You enjoy working with people and building relationships, balanced with high result orientation. More specifically you:
- Have knowledge of design thinking techniques and the ability to solve complex business problems with simple, industry-leading experience and design solutions
- Will be working closely with other teams to translate conceptual ideas into engaging design solutions.
- Are a dynamic and self-starting individual, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills, and are capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
- Have excellent stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills, being an ambassador for change
- Can communicate in a clear, crisp and precise manor
- Interact effectively with people at all levels
- Are able to keep calm and deliver effectively within tight timelines
- Manage well with uncertainty and delivering in such an environment
- Are fluent in oral and written English (Danish is not required).
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Aisha Slim: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.