Technical Specialist - Ship Manager IT Application Team
Are you ready to join Maersk Line IT and become accountable for managing the technical architecture, analysing functional and non-functional requirements and delivering solutions to the business?
Join us in Maersk Transport and Logistics – IT and become a part of the Ship Manager IT Application team.
Maersk Headquarters at Esplanaden and the IT Headquarters at Dampfærgevej are highly international and inspiring environments with an attractive value proposition for the employees.
As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
You are also invited to participate in our abundant breakfast and lunch scheme and take advantage of our fully equipped in-house fitness centre at Esplanaden, as well as a number of other recreational offers.
You can look forward to an attractive career in an ambitious and competitive global environment that actively supports continuous professional and personal development.
You will get to interact with leading IT vendors, business stakeholders, internal subject matter experts, and internal and external IT professionals.
The job will be based in Copenhagen and be part of our Industrial IT group, in Maersk Transport and Logistics IT organisation.
- Assessing and translating new business requirements into functional or technical requirement
- Satisfies the requirements by managing all delivery activities, including planning, execution, quality assessment, risk mitigation and issue resolution
- Coordinate and communicate technical requirements towards software vendor and engaging in the strategic partnership to improve the off the shelf system
- Reviewing UAT scenarios related to technical interfaces
- Supporting the project and the business with test environments
- Focused on supporting the lifecycle of the systems and associated infrastructure
- As an application and system expert be involved in problem management to continuously improve the business service
- Drive continued focus on system performance
- Release planning and coordination of technical deployment
- Support the business in ad-hoc data analysis and clean-up
We are looking for
The ideal candidate has strong analytical skills with technical flair and understanding of IT systems.
We expect you to be a keen and resilient team player with a very strong process oriented and structured approach to daily tasks.
Your sense of quality and ability to prioritize is well proven.
Furthermore you will have experience with:
- SW application development processes
- Managing multiple servers, environments and application releases
- Working alongside 3rd party partners and suppliers
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Citrix or other remote access environments
- Experience with SAP is an advantage
As a person you have excellent communication and collaboration skills in English.
You also have excellent attention to details and a mind set to continuously improve and the skillset to proactively pursue improvement.
The right candidate is a resilient team player who is goal orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
Last application date: 31/3/2018.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.