Test Automation Architect
Saxo Bank IT consists of over 450 IT professionals based in Copenhagen and Delhi who, using the latest technologies and agile methodologies; designing, building and running our award winning global multi-asset trading platform. Our specialty is within capital markets focusing on; high reliability, large volumes, low latency and a world class, cloud-based experience for retail, institutional and white label clients.
Our in-house Saxo Bank trading system handles:
- over 25,000 concurrent online trading clients 24 hours per day / 5,5 trading days per week
- more than 160,000 unique monthly users to our social trading portal
- in excess of 400,000 price feed updates per second
- intraday execution and booking of up to 900 trades per second
- over 1,000,000 trade transactions processed daily.
The Client Experience department consists of 300+ employees and its overall purpose is to to deliver client-facing trading applications, our websites, our on-boarding technology as well as our OpenAPI solution.
As our new Test Automation Architect you will be responsible for:
- Building out the test automation frameworks, upon which in turn will push us to deliver a 'World Class Client Experience' to our clients.
- Be hands-on and operational, leading by example as well as rolling out of the automation strategy across the program.
- To constantly assess the many teams development pipelines and test frameworks to then subsequently suggest/introduce improvements.
- Evangelize, promote and push sound automation practices, based on the context - i.e. be proactive and vocal in what we should change and why
- Continuously drive and facilitate the assessment of the existing automated tests (with stakeholders), to ensure irrelevant tests are removed and the remaining tests are easy to maintain.
As a person you come across as the type of architect who wants to understand the context and team-dynamics, before pushing improvements or pitching alternatives to the status quo. We need someone who can lead the definition, implementation, and maintenance of context-driven test automation, methodologies, tools and templates. We also need you to coach and mentor the teams, as well as be an active participant in their automated testing efforts. Additionally you should;
- Influence new projects to constantly consider robustness, speed and the actual coverage of the test suites.
- Integrate test automation into the CI/CD process and instrument full software development life cycle automation
- Be an expert in browser and mobile technologies
- Creative self-starter with great team- and cross-department collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Furthermore, we are looking for a candidate with the following professional competencies:
- 3+ years as a developer background working on large-scale, performance critical web applications and real-time data-driven interfaces
- 3 years of experience as a Test Automation Architect (or the equivalent title)
- Experience in transforming test automation strategies at an Enterprise level
- Hands-on experience with all levels of the test pyramid/triangle (unit, component, contract etc.) as well as non-functional testing.
First and foremost, we offer more than just a job; being an employee in Saxo Bank is an opportunity to invest in your future. In addition, you get:
- A chance to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to helping you grow personally and professionally.
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, very ambitious and, at the same time, informal and pleasant working environment.
- A competitive salary plus benefits package.
Saxo Bank Group (Saxo) is a leading Danish multi-asset trading and investment specialist, offering a complete set of trading and investment technologies, tools and strategies. For almost 25 years, Saxo’s mission has been to enable individuals and institutions by facilitating their access to professional trading and investing through technology and expertise.
As a fully licensed and regulated bank, Saxo enables its private clients to trade multiple asset classes across global financial markets from one single margin account and across multiple devices. Additionally, Saxo provides institutional clients such as banks and brokers with multi-asset execution, prime brokerage services and trading technology.
Saxo’s award winning trading platforms are available in more than 20 languages and form the technology backbone of more than 100 financial institutions worldwide.
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Saxo employs more than 1500 people in financial centres around the world including London, Singapore, Paris, Zurich, Dubai and Tokyo.
As a bank offering fully digitalised solutions for self-trading, advisory and discretionary services, Saxo is continuously at the forefront of innovation, meaning that clients benefit from proven technology. 600 IT developers and 150 back-office resources develop and deliver Saxo’s solution for the benefit of clients. Outsourcing solutions support the full-service value chain.