DevOps Engineer for Configit's Technology Center
Configit is looking for a talented and passionate DevOps Engineer with a desire to work with the design, development and lifecycle of our cloud automation infrastructure and build environment for our new Cloud based platform in Configit’s Technology Center team in Copenhagen, Denmark.
What you’ll do
As a DevOps Engineer in the Technology Center, you are a technical expert in the areas of managing the end-to-end automation of deploying our Microsoft Azure-based cloud infrastructure.
Offering cloud-based products is quite new to Configit and will take huge part in our future. Your will be an influencer and a driver of the development of our automation and deployment scripts, maintaining and extending our build environment and creating and supporting relevant monitoring tools.
With main focus on our cloud related activities, you will be part of our Technology Center team, who, besides developing our Cloud Platform, also build and maintain all of our core configuration components used by the application teams. This means, that you will collaborate closely with a group of highly skilled and passionate developers on the team and engage in the day-to-day activities like design and planning sessions, team meetings etc.
You’ll be part of an international environment with 25+ nationalities in a flat organization with development offices in Denmark, Germany, UK, and the US.
- Development and maintenance of cloud infrastructure and automation scripts for our Azure-based cloud platform – including:
- Develop new features in the automation scripts for the Azure cloud
- Suggest and maintain of tools for monitoring tasks (e.g. expose metrics to OMS - Operations Management Suite)
- Develop automation scripts for deploying to staging / production etc.
- Identifying relevant cloud deployment scenarios and contributing ideas for improvements
- Extending continuous integration environment for daily builds and releases (VSTS, AppVeyor)
- Assist on rolling out updates and patching services (e.g. going from Preview to Production)
- Create and maintain integration testing for cloud infrastructure (e.g. using the "Pester" Powershell framework, VSTS Tests, or other similar test frameworks)
- Collaborate with our Operations Team, defining the boundaries between the Development-Staging-Production environments.
We expect that you
- Have experience working with software development and a genuine curiosity within the role and function of DevOps
- Bachelor or Master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or similar
- Experience with Powershell and Continuous Integration build environments
- Experience with one or more of following technologies, Microsoft Azure, AppVeyor, VSTS, Git, Security, Visual Studio and C# is an advantage
- Excellent documentation and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills in English
- Abilities of a fast learner and desire to stay current with technology and best practices
- A pragmatic approach and is a resourceful individual with desire to assist, engage and provide high-level service
- Ability to effectively balance multiple on-going activities.
What we offer
A unique opportunity in a dynamic, ambitious and international environment where;
- We work with complex and challenging products which redefine what companies are capable of
- We believe in a healthy work-life balance, a trademark of the Danish culture
- We work closely together across all disciplines
- We believe in knowledge sharing and continued learning
- We socialize together, gathering around sports, board games, music and more
- We are engaged and passionately work closely together across all disciplines
- We cherish an informal and open culture where the customers are in focus.
Please send your application (in English) using the "Apply for position"-button to the right. Here you can upload your CV, Cover Letter and other documents (diploma, recommendations, portfolio etc.)
We are screening and contacting candidates on an ongoing basis, so make sure to send your application as soon as possible. We reserve the right to remove the advert before the application deadline in the event that the process has been completed or we have received a sufficient number of qualified candidates.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Configit is an international software vendor. Configit develops and sells CPQ and product configuration software based on the most advanced configuration technology in the market. Our configurators are used for exploring the variance in product development, as sales configurators, and for maintenance, service and overhaul of complex configurable products, such as automotive, windmills and industrial machines.
Configit’s core technology is based on research in formal verification and constraint solving. All Configit products are based on the patented configuration technology Virtual Tabulation™.
Configit customers include ABB, Jaguar Land Rover, John Deere, Grundfos, Vestas, Siemens, Danfoss amongst others. Please visit our website www.configit.com for further information.