IoT Platforms Architect
Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 90% of global trade carried by sea, there is a fairly high chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel. Would you like to impact the daily lives of people in every corner of the world? Then keep reading. We are searching people that work with our assets, vessels and containers and help Maersk on our Internet of Things journey.
A unique opportunity for personal and professional development. Industrial IT focuses on projects that deal directly with our assets, like vessels or containers. We run the IT on the vessels and we are responsible for the industry’s biggest IoT installation, the RCM solution with about 300.000 connected reefer containers.
- Be part of a large-scale system implementation, building a new IT platform for our ocean vessel fleet, the worldwide biggest container shipping fleet.
- Get to interact with leading IT vendors, internal subject matter experts, and internal and external IT professionals.
- A fast paced and dynamic environment with a distinct respect for the individual.
- As part of the Industrial IT team will you get the chance to build up a new IoT capability, switch between projects and help define industry standards.
- Being a part of an architecture team that jointly develops the architectural strategy for Industrial IT solutions.
The preferred location for this position is Copenhagen, however depending on the candidate’s current location, Aarhus can be considered. You can expect occasional travel between these locations, up to one week per month. Further details about location can be discussed at the interview.
Maersk is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. In addition to salary, our package consists of a pension scheme, health insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
- Works with the definition of overall direction, guidance and the Industrial IT architectural vision regarding IoT platforms and applications to effectively support the corporate business strategy.
- Translates architectural vision into implementable solutions that can be used by projects.
- Ensures compliance of the overall asset IT infrastructure to architectural standards such as scalability, ease of integration, portability.
- Supports business integration and testing approach.
- Maintains and draws on external network of resources (eg. vendor development contacts, industry experts)
- Has direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Industrial IT systems within the infrastructure operations domain.
We are looking for
- Gained several years of practical IoT Platforms design & architecture experience.
- Practical experience on large-scale cloud enabled projects.
- Stakeholder management skills, experience of leading and influencing resources not under direct line management.
- Excellent Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organisation in English.
- Focused on quality.
- Computer Science Degree.
In addition to above the suitable candidate has ideally:
- Experience in the marine industry.
- Knowledge and practical experience in the usage of satellite communication.
- Azure IoT Platforms experience.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job - regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Aisha Slim on email@example.com
Last application date: 31/3/2018.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.