Microsoft Application Solution Architect
Would you like to be in the front and centre in decisions regarding future IT platforms and design for some of the most interesting companies in Denmark?
Then this is your chance to work with some of the latest Microsoft technologies in a role with significant business impact for our customers locally, regionally and globally. And as you do so, you will gain a broad network across our organization, challenging your skills within multiple IT domains.
This is a challenging job because on the one hand, you need broad knowledge of Microsoft ecosystem – but you also need to understand the details; how the different solutions work together and how to relate them to specific projects and specific business needs.
About the role
As a client-facing Microsoft Application Solution Architect, you’ll lead teams in the identification of business requirements, functional designs, process designs, prototyping, testing, training, and defining support procedures. You’ll be responsible for guiding the implementation of solutions that maximize business value from Information Technology (IT) investments and develop, maintain, and grow senior client relationships.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Operate in a senior technology consulting/advisory capacity to senior leadership internally and for our customers
- Execute strategic engagements including Roadmaps, Architecture Design Sessions, High Level Project Design and Scoping & Strategy
- Construct high quality architecture designs and operational services required to deliver on strategy, demonstrate innovation, and produce efficient and effective platforms fundamental to business success
- Utilize both technical and functional knowledge from multiple architecture domains including business process, application development, data and security in delivery of business solutions
- Support sales activities with a focus on pre-sales and solutioning
- Leverage the Global Delivery Network (GDN) in both solutionaning and delivery as needed
- Lead and implement custom development solutions for enterprise applications and associated integrations
- Manage adherence to defined standards for architecture and solution coding, testing and production implementation
- Provide strategic consultation and recommendations for business process design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions
- Drive the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the business application portfolio based on new and emerging technologies
- Lead developers in development of system in accordance with defined architecture and drive the delivery of projects and solutions to completion in a team environment while demonstrating a consultative personality, leadership mindset, and collaborative communication style
- Organize and deliver client-facing collaborative workshops on architecture guiding principles and architecture blueprints
- Drive delivery area architecture plans in close cooperation with Grundfos IT delivery areas and business stakeholders within a given framework
- Execute IT platform clarification and preparation activities in close cooperation with IT delivery areas and business stakeholders
You have a consulting background and you’re excited about building consensus between IT and Business stakeholders. You thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. Your background includes knowledge of key architecture governance models, underlying tools and supporting processes as well as experience designing and implementing systems with several of the following technologies and technology platforms.
Your technical and business skillset likely includes:
- Core Focus on Application Development/Modernization, Architecture, Testing, Environment Management, Security, Analytics on Digital and Cloud Platforms and experienced in delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction
- 5+ years’ experience architecting, developing and implementing data integrations between on-prem and cloud applications
- 10+ years’ experience implementing best practice application code development, testing and implementation
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Cloud offerings including development of Cloud Applications on Azure. Hereunder familiar with concepts such as Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge
- Have a background in business application development with strong understanding of collaboration, intranet, extranet and public internet solutions, specifically on .NET Framework (C#, VB.NET), Windows Presentation Foundation and SQL Server platforms technologies.
- Solid understanding of Application-, Infrastructure-, Technical and Information Architectures.
- Participation in all aspects of large scale enterprise architecture projects including identification, planning and cost estimation through requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, production and ongoing operational support
- Fluent in Agile, DevOps, Modern Engineering, Application Life Cycle Management
- You speak and write English effortlessly
You are familiar with most of following areas:
- Frameworks: .Net 4.0 or 3.5, WPF, MVC, REST, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, WCF, WSDL/SOAP
- Programming Languages: C# or VB.NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, JSON, LINQ, T-SQL, PL/SQL ??
- Lifecycle Tools: Team Foundation Server, Git, Jira, ServiceNow
- Security: Windows Authentication, Forms Authentication
- Development Platforms: Windows Server, Windows Client
- Database Engines: SQL Server
You likely have a bachelor’s degree in a computing related field of study and seven or more years of relevant industry on consulting experience. In addition, you likely have two or more years of enterprise architecture and solution design experience.
Requisition ID - 51949
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.