UX Designer for next generation energy start-up
Hello there, new colleague! Meet Barry: our start-up!
At Barry, we believe buying electricity can be fun, fair and simple. To fulfil our purpose, we are now launching a disruptive next generation energy start-up in Denmark. We aim to offer digital consumers, mostly urban residents, personalised energy service on a fixed, monthly rate – all wrapped up in an intuitive mobile one-click experience.
And this is where you come in.
Put the user in the driver’s seat
“You will play an important role in developing a user-centered design within the entire process of our product development. It is a great chance for you to put your own ideas into play and discover an uncharted territory – you will really make a difference for our user experience,” says director at Barry, Rami Piik.
Create awesome user experiences
We are now looking for a UX designer to join our passionate team. Here, you will work closely together with colleagues within marketing, big data and front and back-end development – some of them based in Copenhagen, others at various international destinations.
You especially support the product development, marketing and communication teams with visual designs – from concept and ideation through to prototyping and delivery. At Barry, there is no typical work day. But it is likely that you:
- Might need to update an ad design on the fly based on input from the CMO – probably using Sketch or Photoshop.
- Conduct usability tests on new features and deliver the results with improvement suggestions to the product development team.
- Interview customers to get to the bottom of recurring questions or to shed light on something we have seen in our data.
- Help plan campaigns, experiments or any other activity that could benefit from your UX input.
- Work on the UI design in accordance with Barry’s brand guidelines and visual identity.
Creative UX talent with great communications skills
It is important that you are ready to engage in discussions outside your domain to develop the best user experiences. You are probably interested in biases and human behaviour in general, and your people skills enable you to talk to many different customers. You feel comfortable working independently, and you are excited about the prospect of shaping your own position. Moreover:
- You are interested in a varied UX position where you will be able to do both research and design.
- It is an advantage if you have a relevant education.
- You probably have a background from digital agencies, start-ups or perhaps as a consultant with a few years of experience within user experience design, user interfaces, usability design, interaction design or similar
- You can plan and conduct usability tests from simple hallway testing to lab settings.
- You are familiar with relevant research methods (qualitative and quantitative), and you know various prototyping tools/techniques from paper-based prototypes to digital tools.
- You are fluent in Danish and excellent in English both written and spoken.
Be part of our international lean team
“As a start-up, we don’t have strict hierarchies, and you will be part of a killer team with an international outlook. From Copenhagen, you and your colleagues will be in daily contact with the director in Finland and our chief of product and head of UX in Norway. We all work closely together in a cross-functional team, and we are staffing up, so you will get even more colleagues,” says Rami.
Are you interested?
Jobindex serves as recruitment partner on this position. If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Fortum/Barry, Rami Piik at +358 50 453 2021 on Tuesday the 3rd between 12-14 and Thursday the 5th. between 12-14, and for questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact IT recruitment consultant at Jobindex Søren Møller at +45 88 63 00 28.
Please apply for the position by clicking the “Apply online” link below. Start date is as soon as possible, but we will wait for the right candidate.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Barry is an internal start-up incubated and owned by Fortum. And yes, we do have funding.
We are looking forward to discovering our next team member! We offer a unique & independent position in a killer team, a start-up environment with big company benefits and security, and growth-centric new business focus.
Check us out at www.getbarry.co/.
Rekrutteringskonsulent hos Jobindex
Tlf. +45 88 63 00 28
Please write in your application that you saw the job listing at it-jobbank.