Network Technical Specialist
The Technical Specialist acts as subject matter expert in the Network and Perimeter Area and provides expertise to development, projects and operations. The person is a source of knowledge and expertise for the subject.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. IT SOE offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, Maidenhead (UK) and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
The IT Engineering team is consisting of more than 40 persons located in Maidenhead, Chennai (India), and Copenhagen. The team is responsible for engineering both Datacentres and 600+ locations in more than 100 countries.
- Participate in defining and implementing projects to standardize and improve (e.g. Reduce cost) the network and perimeter solution within IT SOE
- Design new infrastructure solutions
- Define standards within area
- Discuss solutions with vendors, challenge vendors and internally communicate outcome in a more general language
- Participate in the resolution of high impact incidents
- Participate in change preparations and oversee the implementation of high impact and high risk changes
- Day to day answering of support questions which will come through to the Engineering team.
We are looking for
- Good communication and interpersonal skill, able to build good working relationship (internal and external)
- Flexibility and Capacity to handle changes
- Self-Initiative and analytical/problem solving skills
- Result-driven with persistence and consistency towards the solution of challenges
- Strong customer service focus
- Good knowledge of software defined network (Azure, Softlayer, NSX)
- Expert knowledge of switching and routing (Cisco/HP)
- Expert knowledge of WLAN
- Expert knowledge of VLAN functionalities and setup
- Expert knowledge of WAN protocols (MPLS, DMVPN)
- Expert knowledge of firewall functionality and setup (Cisco, Checkpoint)
- Relevant certification is an advantage (e.g. Cisco CCDP/CCNP, Checkpoint CCSE)
- Good knowledge of Zscaler
- Good knowledge of Web Gateways (Bluecoat)
- Good knowledge of Cisco’s QoS and Netflow
- Basic knowledge of IP Telephony
- Basic knowledge of ITIL
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word.
For further information, please contact: Jay Rayment firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date: 27/5/2018
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.