Digital Competence Manager – Agile Project Delivery
Agile and Scrum - are those areas familiar to you? Our Global Digital function is looking for an Digital Manager to join us and set the framework for delivering a portfolio of global IT-related projects and support Project Managers in delivering these projects. We are in the middle of an exciting journey towards digitalisation of ROCKWOOL and have many interesting projects going on and more to follow. The position will be based from our head office in Hedehusene, Denmark.
This is who we are
The ROCKWOOL® Group is the world’s leading supplier of innovative products and systems based on stone wool, improving the environment and the quality of life for millions of people.
This is the role
Qualified candidates will have experience with setting the framework for delivering agile projects and have the skillset to mentor Project Managers who will use the framework to deliver the projects. The framework is to be measured for maturity and a roadmap put in place to ensure on-going improvement in process maturity in delivering projects.
The successful candidate will manage a team of project managers and allocate them to projects based on best fit and skills knowledge.
The Digital Competence Manager will track the progress of all projects within their area and report progress to the Transformation Forum. They will also follow-up with Project Managers to ensure actions where challenges and issues are compromising on delivery, as well as following up with key business stakeholders where alignment is needed.
The Digital Competence Manager will also contribute to the strategy, policies, management and promotion of Digital´s Project Management Office and Project Management services within ROCKWOOL globally.
The successful candidate should be prepared to potentially spend 4 to 5 days per month at various ROCKWOOL sites abroad as they will also be required to Project Manage some of the portfolio when the need arises.
This is what you offer
To be considered for the Digital Competence Manager role we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Strong Project Management skills with a proven record of delivering successful projects
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- IT-Degree ITU, DTU or similar on BA or MA level or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 5 years project management experience
- Experience with agile projects (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with Jira (not a requirement)
- Experience of management of staff, involving goal setting and follow-up on performance
- International mind-set with ideally previous experience managing international projects
- Passionate and entrepreneurial approach to work with a good drive
- Highly organised with the ability to plan and prioritise accordingly
- Fluency in English (written and spoken). Danish preferred but not a prerequisite. Additional language would be an added advantage.
This is what we offer
You will be part of a Project Manager community of 10-15 people under the Digital PMO with a shared goal of continuously improving our maturity in project execution. This fantastic opportunity would suit an existing Project Manager or Scrum Master who wants the challenge of setting the framework and working directly with the Project Managers who will deliver these IT projects within a global environment for an international brand.
If you want to know more, please contact Keith Bollington, tel.: +44 1656 868328. Please submit your application in English via the below link before 24th of April, 2018.