Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 90% of global trade carried by sea, there is a fairly high chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel. Would you like to impact the daily lives of people in every corner of the world? Then keep reading.
We are searching people that work with our assets,vessels & containers and help Maersk on our Internet of Things journey.
Industrial IT focuses on projects that deal directly with our assets, like vessels or containers.We run the IT on the vessels and we are responsible for the industry’s biggest IoT installation,the RCM solution with about 300.000 connected reefer containers.We are a new team within Maersk IT with the task of developing the asset related IT.
We are in the process of expanding our capabilities regarding Internet of Things (IoT), satellite communication, industrial control systems, etc.
Be part of a large-scale system implementations, like building a new IT platform for our ocean vessel fleet, the worldwide biggest container shipping fleet.
A fast paced and dynamic environment with a distinct respect for the individual.
As part of the Industrial IT team will you get the chance to participate in several projects.
Maersk is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. In addition to salary, our package consists of a pension scheme, health insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
- Support the Operations IT Delivery team in a set of different tasks across our back office activities.
- Tracking of expenses and resources to provide high quality input for the financial month-end package.
- Support the development and implementation of IT process, communication tools and other optimisation initiatives to improve the workflows across the department.
- Contribute to creation of ad-hoc departmental and financial presentations, reports and analysis.
- Actively seek out stakeholders in the IT and business organisations relevant for the department.
We are looking for
- A strong communicator with a more technical IT background and who can establish good relations between IT and business stakeholders.
- A high level of self-confidence, integrity and drive, combined with the ability to meet deadlines through prioritizing and organizing activities.
- Strong analytical, organisational and IT technical skills.
- An independent problem-solver who is able to identify root causes of issues and develop and implement solutions to resolve issues appropriately.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- A relevant educational background such as a Bachelor’s degree within Business and IT or an IT vocational background.
- Previous experience with IT development, financial reporting and project execution is clearly an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Aisha Slim on email@example.com
Last application date: 25/4/2018
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.