Category Manager IT – TDC
Are you passionate about Digital and IT? Do you want to join a high performing team? Do you want to shape the future communication in Denmark? Then you might be our new Category Manager for IT.
TDC Group seeks a dedicated and talented Category Manager to lead our Digital and IT category work. The category is a key priority for TDC Group, as digital capabilities and IT solutions becomes increasingly important to bring the next generation communication services to market. As Category Manager, you will take control of all aspect of the category work (from strategy to execution) – and be part of our Procurement team with 20+ ambitious and competent colleagues.
We seek a Category Manager who are curious by nature, result-oriented, good at seeking the most effective solutions to deliver Denmark’s best products and customer experience. We expect that you have completed an University education, with a commercial/legal/technical angle, and you have a minimum of 3 years of practical category experience within IT (or similar technical area).
TDC Group has a dedicated Procurement function to handle the strategic sourcing. The function manages a two-digit DKK billion amount a year across the entire TDC Group. The function is logistically split across 8 categories with a Category Manager and Sourcing Managers to support.
The IT area has special focus and high priority due to the strategic importance for the Group. Procurement has a central role in shaping the future roadmap for IT development and IT infrastructure – where external vendors are used to provide solutions, capacity as well as specialized capabilities.
The Category Manager is seen as a leader in TDC Group with expectations to take charge and shape the roadmap ahead. The concrete tasks and responsibilities includes:
- Developing and execution of overall category strategies (across functional areas)
- Leading and steering execution of concrete sourcing events (with several Sourcing Managers)
- Stakeholder management (internally and externally), e.g. to identify new sourcing events, understand market trends, and keep roadmap assure
- Optimization of sourcing across TDC Group, incl. thought leadership in how to bring TDC Procurement forward and drive more efficiency in contracts/contacts
What we are looking for
- Passion for IT and Digital
- Engaged Category Manager who is ready to join a strong and ambitious team
- Experience with and natural interest in participating in commercial negotiations
- Flair for business logic and quick understanding of business cases
- Good cooperative skills
- Good communicator and having a constructive approach to new challenges and tasks.
TDC is a great place to work and grow – and as a Category Manager you will be in the center.
Concrete, we offer
- A challenging and varied position in one of Denmark's largest companies
- Independence to shape the future of IT at TDC as part of the category strategy
- Exposure to top management for key projects – and to all parts of the Digital / IT organizations
- Possibility to strengthen and develop your Category Management skills through various sourcing projects, internal sparring, etc.
- Becoming part of a strong procurement team that supports each other and works towards common goals
- A large interface in TDC and insight into the strategic plans for the Group- Taking part of shaping the future of communication in Denmark.
Copenhagen (Teglholmen 1) or Aarhus (Sletvej 30) (both in Denmark). The Procurement department is divided equally between the two locations.
Application date: 26th of April 2018.
Director Daniel Baun Christensen, TDC Sourcing Group, +45 3070 5530