Service Delivery Manager
Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 90% of global trade carried by sea, there is a fairly high chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel.
The role of the Service Delivery Manager is to lead and oversee the successful end to end delivery of IT services to the Svitzer brand. In this varied role, you will have the opportunity to shape the delivery model to ITIL compliant standards. New and enhanced Policy, Process and Procedures are required to be designed, documented and implemented across the IT estate Service Delivery Lifecycle.
Sounds interesting? Then keep reading!
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. T&L IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, DK; Maidenhead, UK and Charlotte, NC. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
You can look forward to an attractive career in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. T&L IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte, Algeciras and India.
Maersk Headquarters at Esplanaden and the IT Headquarters at Dampfærgevej are highly international and inspiring environments with an attractive value proposition for the employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year. You are also invited to participate in our abundant breakfast and lunch scheme and take advantage of our fully equipped in-house fitness centre at Esplanaden, as well as a number of other recreational offers.
Svitzer is undergoing significant transformation this year, with a clear objective to adopt a more mature and formalized approach to Service Management. This will include the development of strategic improvement initiatives, deployment of new or enhanced services, processes, people and organizational related change activities. We already have improvement initiatives underway with our infrastructure services, applications and our outsourced vendor partnerships. One of the main activities within the role, is to therefore embrace and facilitate this change.
- To lead outsourced vendors to deliver to their contractual baseline and proactively manage any deviations
- To own managing the day to day operations of the Service Desk(s) including; Incident, Problem, Change, Request Fulfilment, Service Catalogue, Software License Management and Security Operations capabilities
- To manage and drive continual value and performance from vendors to ensure Service Level Agreements and Customer Experience expectations are met
- To monitor Customer Satisfaction results and take appropriate corrective actions and continual service improvement initiatives
- To proactively manage and ensure that agreed SLA’s (Service Level Agreement) targets are achieved on an on-going basis, reported on via established business rhythms and regular Service Review Meetings take place
- Oversee all out sourced agreements and ensure vendors are delivering and manage any corrective actions needed to closure
- To provide Service Management subject matter expertise to deliver value across IT
- To own the design and implement ITIL Service Management processes
- To collaborate with operations and project teams, to ensure process is fit-for-purpose and implemented across the service delivery lifecycle
- To own ensuring Standard Operating Procedures across the Service Desks remain valid and up to date
- Provide a management escalation process for all major systems and services
- Write and issue internal communications; to proactively notify users of planned maintenance works across the IT estate
- Engage as a member of the major incident management team as required; to minimise disruption of IT services, restore services and manage communications to senior stakeholders
- To ensure Major Incidents are investigated effectively with appropriate root cause analysis reporting conducted and improvements implemented
- To own ensuring valid vendor PO’s are raised and invoice payments are made on time to vendors working with Finance
- To collaborate with Procurement and Vendor Management, on contractual changes as and when required
- Own and co-ordinate updates to the Service Catalogue, ensuring it remains relevant for business needs
- To own the onboarding and offboarding process and continually drive efficiency gains and improvements working in collaboration with HR and internal teams
- To govern the Software Licensing process and associated spend to ensure control associated costs
- Provide Service Introduction support to ensure the successful deployment and Release to Production of new projects or enhanced services
- To own the Change Management Board to govern and control all approved changes, risks and impacts across the IT estate
- Develop and evolve Reporting metrics to manage and control performance
- Lead internal program to drive Continual Service Improvement across IT estate
- Input to major transformation projects; to assure all transitions occur with minimum risk into operational run teams.
We are looking for
- Strong demonstrable operational experience working within ITIL compliant environment
- Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills; with the ability to face off to the business across all levels
- Demonstrable experience managing 3rd party vendors to contractual baselines
- Proven experience leading indirect cross functional teams
- A minimum of 10 years’ management experience in IT support or operations, such as client, supplier or within Service Desk environment
- Comfortable to contribute to the wider decision making including; Svitzer IT strategy, development of best practice ways of working, processes and procedures
- Confident, open and with the natural ability to build rapport across all levels of stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in English (both oral and written), Danish also beneficial
- ITIL Foundation certified and Intermediate desired
- Comfortable at negotiating effective dispute management and resolution
- Able to manage upwards effectively any risks or issues
- Project management experience would be desirable but not essential
- Experience of working within a Service Desk environment desirable
- Maritime knowledge would be advantageous.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job - regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed on firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date: 5/6/2018.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.