Experienced Software Developer for IIoT
- to strengthen the core development team
For our client Secomea, we are searching for a skilled software engineer with documented experience in developing advanced networking products or similar.
Secomea is a world leader in IIoT Secure Remote Access solutions, used globally by large corporates and sold through distributors and OEMs worldwide. They face exceptional growth and were recently awarded the Børsen Gazelle Growth award for the 5th consecutive year, have recently been appointed as Nordic Scaler and they on the Top100 list of best IoT brands in the world.
The company is known for its high-quality products and agility, but to keep up with the increasing number of features requested by customers, and to ensure the continued quality of the existing code base, they are looking for experienced software developers that can join the relatively small team dedicated to designing and developing the company’s core products.
You will be joining a team of highly dedicated professionals, where Confidence, Knowledge and Quality are in their core DNA.
Although working with an Agile mind-set, no formal Agile frameset is currently used, but a transformation into more formal Agile methods is planned. It is important that new R&D team members come with a pragmatic and an open mind-set to actively participate in this process.
Technology-wise, components range from C-based embedded software running on own hardened Linux platform, Windows applications, Linux server applications to web applications based on PHP/SQL and various high-level frameworks. The product relies on many open source components, but the larger parts of architecture and core technology such as communication modules, data base systems and user interfaces are native code. Secomea has a strong security profile and regularly have the products verified towards industry standards, such as ISA/IEC62443 and NIST and is also aiming at a formal SDLA certification in near future.
Your work areas will be:
- Maintaining existing code base by assisting the senior software architects.
- Implementing new functions and modules based on customer feedback and market research.
- Participate in research, design and architecting of larger redesigns for having the technology adapt to and utilize new Cloud and Internet technologies.
- Participate in optimizing tools and processes around auto-test systems integrated with GIT, the nightly build system and JIRA task management.
Your Skills and Qualifications
- Expert level C programmer with documented results.
- Strong networking experience with TCP, UDP, TLS, and HTTP protocols.
- Experience in designing and developing modules from a specification, such as an RFC or SDK.
- Knowledge about maintaining security measures, both in form of secure programming and observing trends and methods for assuring cybersecurity in code.
- Experience with Windows, Linux and a broad range of open source projects.
- Experience with various embedded CPU architectures, such as x86 and ARM and a good sense of how to optimize software for embedded hardware platforms.
- Experience in defining, writing and documenting APIs, such as REST or JSON.
As a person
- You consider yourself gifted with a natural talent for software development and have no shame in being a little nerdish.
- You are a fast learner and logical thinker, and like the challenge of obtaining overview and insight in existing code and architectures.
- You like working in a team, but also enjoys working independently towards commonly defined goals.
- You are persistent and creative in finding solutions, but also knows when to raise a flag when it will be more efficient having other eyes on things.
- You have a natural curiosity in new technologies, methods and open source projects that could benefit your work and the company.
You must be fluent in English, and if not Danish speaking, you have experience on how to compensate for that in a mostly Danish-speaking team.
What the company offers
An exciting and key role in a fast-growing company, where you will quickly be a vital contributor and integral part of the company. At Secomea they rely on initiative and an open mindset, where your creativity and dedication comes to use. Your work location is at our modern open office in Herlev, where lunch, pension and health insurance is part of the salary package.
Our client Secomea is a Danish company, headquartered in Herlev close to Copenhagen, and with offices in Montreal, Beijing and Tokyo. They develop, manufacture and deliver the most robust and comprehensive suite of Remote Access Solutions, aimed at the Automation and Robotics Industries worldwide. The Secomea solutions are sold via a range of distributors worldwide as well as through OEM/Private Label agreements with major global automation manufacturers.
For more info check www.secomea.com
Please do not hesitate to send your application and CV as soon as possible, as we at Bloom evaluate applications from day to day.
If you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact Director Sara Juhl at Bloom via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +45 2086 0865.