Manager for Database department
Would you like to head up a team of some of the most talented database experts in Denmark?
Join us to apply your knowledge of databases and take on this exciting and challenging leadership position. Databases are the backbone of our main applications. Moreover, you will set the direction for where we will be in the future in strong collaboration with your skilled department, optimising and improving performance as you go.
Join Global IT
We have recently decided to consolidate all the database specialists in one department, and in your role as section manager, you will have functional and disciplinary leadership responsibility for this newly established Database department consisting of 14 database specialists.
Lead, motivate and engage a team of specialists
As Manager, you will be a strong technical leader with responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the database department. Knowing the ins and outs of databases, you spend most of your time leading and setting a direction for your department, and let them solve the 2nd and 3rd line database issues. By complying with processes, you make sure we do it right the first time - and every time.
As this is a newly established department, we will be looking to you to help build a strong team culture and spirit and ensure that everyone is working in the same direction.
Your responsibilities include:
- Structuring and coordinating resources for new projects that involve the database department, so they can concentrate on doing what they do best
- Managing stakeholders across both infrastructure and application areas
- Working with tools that ensure transparent database performance
- Translating database performance into understandable insights for management
- Define the strategy within own area
You will be a part of the management in Infrastructure Services within IT Operations and refer directly to the Director of Infrastructure.
Skilled leader with database knowledge
With your great database understanding, you are able to translate database terminology and performance into clear and understandable insights for management. Moreover, as you will be leading a highly skilled team with various backgrounds, you must be a great people leader, who can be a strong change agent. Using your strong people skills, you set a direction, create engagement and motivation.
- You have an IT degree or an equivalent education.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience, which has given you solid understanding of databases, how they are structured so you can understand database problems and issues.
- You have worked 3+ years as a line manager or similar, giving you experience with people management and budgeting.
- As there will be a great deal of contact with other functional areas, you must be skilled at collaborating with and managing stakeholders.
- You communicate effortlessly in English – both in speech and writing.
- Hold an excellent customer mindset
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Daniel Heede, Director Infrastructure Services at +45 61 94 47 34.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers.