Enterprise Architect - Application
Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. As we aspire to secure sustainable growth of our businesses, we need to re-think the way we engage with our customers and partners. Digitisation and IT are taking centre stage in enabling this engagement. Join us in Transport and Logistics IT as we re-think what technology can do to drive growth.
In order to continue this journey we are currently recruiting a Enterprise Architect - Application.
You are a pragmatic application strategist with digital systems credibility; you have the ability to influence at mid to senior management level and collaborate across organisational boundaries in a federated model and you have a transformational mindset with skills to develop and present compelling business cases, for high-level initiatives and roadmaps.
Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Enterprise Architect you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Enterprise Architecture, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Application Architecture, the Enterprise Application Architect will have responsibility across Maersk Transport & Logistics IT. You will contribute to and be responsible for the creation, promotion and execution of our overall Enterprise Application strategy, starting from an understanding of the current and leading to a vision of the future application landscape.
Further, in this role you will be required to:
- Promotes a relevant and inspiring direction for the future application portfolio;
- Promotes digital innovation by leveraging innovative new applications and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core application landscape;
- Coach, mentor and collaborate with peers, solution architects, development teams and project teams to achieve successful outcomes;
- Communicate and build advocacy for the future application direction with a wide range of stakeholders.
We are looking for
We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following:
- Transformational mindset using an approach of persuasion and encouragement that embeds sustainable capabilities;
- Expert level experience in enterprise level architecture and design (TOGAF) and a clear understanding of all application development frameworks and techniques;
- Must have built architecture capability and worked within globally distributed matrix organisation;
- Experience of working within Agile and Waterfall environments;
- Commercial acumen gained through enterprise level business case development and major interactions with vendors;
- Fostering great relationships without direct authority across functional boundaries and geographies;
- Proven ability to make pragmatic short term decisions whilst aligning with a long term strategic outcome;
- Ability to execute on a global scale.
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - email@example.com
Last application date: 28/4/2018.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.