Dynamics AX System Administrator
IT operations is business critical to our global customers and an area of investment for Columbus customer support and consulting.
As an outsourcing service, Columbus “ServerCare” provides uptime guarantee and operation support to medium and large customer systems running Microsoft Dynamics AX and D365. Our main area of operation is the sweet spot between standard Microsoft Windows server environment and the end-user application – typically between the hosting partners or Azure and the customers AX application help desk.
Due to more cloud applications, automations in the infrastructure and customer digitalizing, we want to strengthen our skills and capacity within Dynamics AX functional solutions and support.
What will you get?
You will be in the center of IT operations. The job requires a wide range of technical and communication skills; you will be cooperating with customer technicians, IT managers, Columbus project managers, business consultants and developers, and a set of hosting partners, suppliers, vendors and third parties.
Our service requires very fast and accurate response and action; you must be able to keep a rational mind despite a very high pace and a high level of details.
You will participate in operation of all customer systems and you will be our technical key account on one or more specific customers. As technical key account you are responsible for customer deliveries, system maintenance, changes and problem management. You will participate in status meetings, meeting preparations and follow up.
Thanks to a dedicated and highly motivated team, we deliver a high quality of service and customer satisfaction has highest priority. By joining this team, you will get a wide area of experiences and contribute to even better quality and teamwork.
You specifically will specialize in Dynamics AX functional solutions support and maintenance
The System Administrator is responsible for effective maintenance and operation of systems software and related infrastructure. The System Administrator participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the upper layer of infrastructure, lower level of applications and support organization and tools.
You will be accountable for the AX environments in use by specific customers: Dynamics AX and related and connected systems, requiring skills of Microsoft Business Solutions (MBS), infrastructure in general; primary Azure and Life Cycle Services (LCS).
Responsibilities on these systems include operations, support, maintenance, troubleshooting, research and development to ensure continual improvements.
Operations and Support
- Participate in Front Desk and 2’ level Support Team.
- Periodically system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all infrastructure resources, key services, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups and batch jobs.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer system issues.
- Provide second level support per request from various constituencies.
- Occasional on-call night duty in Front Desk.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning and resource optimization (VM, CPU, Memory, disk).
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Participate in maintaining operational, configuration and other procedures.
- Knowledge and identifying typical customer operational pains, to [add to] developing new operational services.
- Contribute and participate in status meetings with customers.
The most important skills are:
- Service minded, proactive, excellent communication skills.
- Ability to drive problem and project to a final solution.
- Ability to keep focus on context, foresight and perspective of constituencies, while working with details.
- Excellent English skills – written and verbally.
Other requirements and preferences are:
- AX functional architecture.
- Skills on D365, LCS and Azure operations is preferred.
- Several years of experience from high-level support is required.
ServerCare team is placed in Aarhus and Aalborg. Please contact hiring manager Jan van Hauen for any queries on phone 70 20 50 00.
Learn more about Columbus at www.columbusglobal.com.