We have a great opportunity for you to join as Azure/Software Architect in our Architecture & Solutions team – to bring and gain expertise with azure/cloud and help development teams to implement better applications as well as operations teams to deliver better services. You will spearhead our enterprise software solutions architecture.
As an architect partner, you will lead the engagement with cloud platform vendors and continuously explore and exemplify how functions and practices can enhance the development of FOSS’s online software solutions and digital business services.
Via expertise that you bring and build you will work with, guide, enable and support teams to develop and operate cloud applications in line with common architectural concerns. You will maintain a software solutions architecture to encompass, streamline and communicate all the main solutions use cases company-wide.
You will advance the cloud/platform strategy and link it to business and technical benefit. Working with lead developers, you explore how to practically apply the strategy and maintain a cross-team roadmap with proposed steps to realize the strategy and achieve the benefits.
- Analyse cloud platform options to demonstrate how to practically apply for benefit in applications development, devops, service operations and solution integration.
- Proactively scout for new platform practices and engage and advise dev/ops counterparts. Stay abreast of architectural and industry changes with a focus on online B2B services.
- Drive cloud readiness and cloud maturity for and with software development and operations
- Drive documentation of backend architecture to form the “system baseline” for all of FOSS’ software applications, digital services, and eco-system/solution partner integrations
- Maintain the architecture to encompass all primary back-end capabilities and front-end use cases applied in current state.
- Extend the architecture to underpin and enable business strategy – devise with colleagues the cross-team roadmap of deliverables required to realize the architecture and benefits
- Perform technical options analysis, high-level cost modelling, align and train colleagues
- Align technology goals with business goals and IT infrastructure, and ‘vice versa’
- Drive for flexibility and reuse thru microservice architecture and API management
- Support integration and joint solution design with digital partners and eco-system thru APIs
- Occasionally responsible to develop high level design and statements of work to technically steer external development bureaus in case of sourcing implementation to meet requirements
Most likely, you have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and significant experience in the role of lead software developer or solution architecture lead, having worked on teams to develop, deploy and maintain applications in digital services.
We look for you to bring knowledge and experience in all or some of:
- Up to date on common methodologies of backend and front end/web/app development
- Azure Platform as a Service products such as Azure OMS / Application Insights / SQL / App Services / Notification Hub / Event Hub / Functions / Storage etc.
- Application architecture to aid design and implementation of Microsoft based solutions leveraging C#, .NET and .NET Core, SQL/MongoDB and DBA, Windows server
- Enterprise and Application Architecture design patterns including Microservices, API management as basis for multi-tenant and resilient applications/services
- Working knowledge of DevOps processes and tools, ideally combined with experience around CI/CD pipelines and Container technologies
- Awareness of leading PaaS and IaaS infrastructure services…
- Familiarity with Agile, Scrum, CMMI methodologies, Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Debug, troubleshoot and translate symptoms and problems into root causes
It is not required you master all the above, but it is important you are prepared to learn and is eager to lead our pathfinding and engagement in these fields. You will have strong influence on methodology. Fluency in spoken and written English is required, knowledge of Scandinavian languages is a plus. A Danish work permit is required.
We look for an ambitious and curious colleague who can envision the big picture and form the practical steps to realize it. To be successful you will need technical interest and gravity, as well as an orientation to relate to, collaborate and communicate with technical and business stakeholders.
- Team player with constructive desire to plan as well as achieve results
- Takes challenges in a positive way and contributes to a good working environment
- A continual learner that stays up-to-date on the latest technologies and advancements
- Leads by example and can work independently and structured to ensure progress
You will join an international work environment in an innovative company that is a world leader in its field. We offer a challenging job with great opportunity to develop personally and professionally. FOSS has a flat organizational structure. You will work with skilled colleagues in cross-functional teams and projects, and you will quickly gain responsibility.
The team is part of FOSS Global IT, which support Customers and Employees in operations all over the world. The primary work place is Hillerød, Denmark, periodic travelling is to be expected.
Submit your application on the link below. For questions regarding the position contact Torben Warming, Head of Architecture & Solutions, on +4527616941 (m).All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable andprofitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.