Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 90% of global trade carried by sea, there is a fairly high chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. T&L IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, DK; Maidenhead, UK and Charlotte, NC. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
Maersk Headquarters at Esplanaden and the IT Headquarters at Dampfærgevej are highly international and inspiring environments with an attractive value proposition for the employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year. You are also invited to participate in our abundant breakfast and lunch scheme and take advantage of our fully equipped in-house fitness centre at Esplanaden, as well as a number of other recreational offers.
Svitzer is undergoing significant transformation this year, with a clear objective to adopt a more mature and formalized approach to IT. This will include the development of strategic improvement initiatives, deployment of new or enhanced services, processes, people and organizational related change activities. We already have improvement initiatives underway with our infrastructure services, applications and our outsourced vendor partnerships. One of the main activities within the role, is to therefore embrace and facilitate this change collaborating and working closely with the Service Delivery Manager.
- The IT Infrastructure Manager will be working closely with local IT teams; whilst also being a key member of the larger Maersk Transport & Logistics IT Team to champion the IT needs of the Svitzer brand within Maersk IT
- The purpose of the IT Infrastructure Manager role; is to lead and oversee the technical end to end delivery of Infrastructure services to the Svitzer brand
- Responsible for proactively managing and monitoring quality of Infrastructure Operations and coordination between stakeholders, vendors and users
- To lead outsourced vendors to deliver to their technical contractual baseline and proactively manage any deviations
- To manage and assure the deliverables and performance of out-sourced partners to ensure adherence according too, and beyond contractual obligations
- Manage and act as key contact point for day-to-day delivery requests, service escalations and issues in Infrastructure Operations and development
- Chair/participate in weekly meetings with Svitzer Service Delivery Manager, Regional IT, Service Desks, sourcing providers, and internal stakeholders to align and evaluate operation quality and plan improvements to the infrastructure/processes
- Support and manage transition of new infrastructure solutions through the Service Request process into daily operations
- To provide Service Introduction co-ordination and support to ensure the successful deployment and Release to Production of new projects or enhanced services
- Lead/ Coordinate/ Participate in infrastructure projects/taskforces
- Input to major transformation projects; to assure all transitions occur with minimum risk into operational run teams
- Accountable to manage vendors to drive Major Incident resolution to ensure least possible downtime of infrastructure, platforms, and systems
- To collaborate with the Svitzer Service Delivery Manager, to ensure Major Incidents are investigated from a technical perspective effectively, with appropriate root cause analysis reporting conducted, with corrective actions and improvements being implemented
- To proactively contribute and attend regular vendor Service Review Meetings with the Svitzer Service Delivery Manager
- Drive initiatives and produce input for Continual Service Improvements of operational excellence to strengthen IT Infrastructure operations deliveries
- To collaborate with operations and project teams, to ensure process is fit-for-purpose and implemented across the infrastructure and the service delivery lifecycle
- To own ensuring Standard Operating Procedures across the Infrastructure Operations remain valid and up to date
- Engage as a member of the major incident management team as required; to minimise disruption of IT services and restore services
- To ensure Major Incidents are investigated effectively with appropriate root cause analysis reporting conducted and improvements implemented
- To attend the Change Management Board to provide input, guidance, assess risks and impacts across the IT estate from a technical infrastructure perspective
- Act as liaison between Svitzer and Maersk IT with regards to infrastructure related matters
We are looking for
- You will possess a solid technical background and experience of Infrastructure services and you are motivated by managing operational complexities
- Desirable technical competencies include; experience of Datacentre and Virtualisation environments, Hybrid and Public Cloud, Networks (LAN, WAN, load-balancers, firewalls), VMware), Microsoft Service Fabric, Hyper-V, Core IT services (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS), Storage (local, SAN, NFS, Cloud storage), Backup (e.g. TSM, Commvault, Actifio, Veeam), and Disaster Recovery in a hybrid and public cloud
- You will have a strong background and experience within global IT Infrastructure solutions as well as appreciation and skills within Service Management
- The ideal candidate will have strong technical analytical skills and ability to understand technical complexity in global IT infrastructure
- You have a proven track-record working with outsourced IT infrastructure environments
- You are comfortable leading and assisting projects; from a Service Introduction perspective, Service Transition, process management as well as creating SOP’s and documentation
- Demonstrable experience technically managing 3rd party vendors to contractual baselines
- Comfortable to contribute to the wider decision making including; Svitzer IT strategy, development of best practice ways of working, processes and procedures
- Able to manage upwards effectively any risks or issues
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in English (both oral and written) required, Danish desirable but not essential
- Maritime knowledge would be advantageous
- As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job - regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed on firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date: 5/6/2018.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.