Head of IT Strategy and Transformation
Maersk is going through a time of unprecedented change. As we aspire to secure sustainable growth of our businesses, we need to re-think the way we engage with our customers and partners. Digitization and IT are taking centre stage in enabling this engagement. Join Maersk’s IT function, as we re-think what technology can do to drive growth.
If you are driven by establishing clear and relatable strategic initiatives for a global IT function, that has a proven ability to plan and execute transformation activities in line with these strategies, then we would most certainly like to hear from you.
This position can be based in either Copenhagen, Denmark or Maidenhead, United Kingdom.
Joining Maersk IT will be the beginning of a great journey with career development in a global organization. As Head of IT Strategy and Transformation you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
We aim to be a world class professional IT organization that delivers business value through automation, standardization, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. Our working day is versatile and busy, as we continuously strive for excellence and mutual respect. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
With this role you will be exposed to a wide range of challenging business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk IT.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network, we believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional development. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
Reporting to the Head of the Office of the CIO you will take the lead in transforming the way we deliver IT services to the Maersk Transport and Logistics business. You will be responsible for:
- Setting strategic and planning direction so strategies and capabilities are aligned and standardised both within the division and aligned to the wider organisation.
- Partnering the IT organisation to facilitate and define the overall IT strategy, functional strategies, stories and alignment of objectives and own the process for defining strategies, i.e location and workplace strategy
- Developing and refining the identity of IT with consistent communication within and outside of IT with clear ownership of overarching communication strategy & plan
- Formation of Transformation initiatives and plan aligned to strategy and business outcomes
- Managing the outcomes of the transformation and strategic initiatives, track delivery and govern key cross functional processes
- Evolving the T&L IT operating model with the right framework in place to align our capabilities, behaviours and knowledge maximising what T&L IT delivers to the business
- Deliver framework and flow that assist in translating top level strategies into detailed lower level demand needs with a consistent approach and result
- Manage relationships and activities in conjunction with Business Partners from the HR, communications and finance functions, amongst others.
In all areas, you will engage closely with the rest of the Office of the CIO teams as well as the organisation to define the right and relevant business models for Transport & Logistics IT.
To be a successful leader at Maersk, you have to be passionate about building and sustaining our business, as well as inspiring and developing our people. This is your primary responsibility.
We are looking for
We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following:
- Experience from and proven track record 4-5 years of senior level experience in management consulting or related project management in a large organization (engagement manager level)
- Experience in developing and translating strategies into business outcomes
- Support of growing and developing internal strategic capabilities
- Have a challenging mind-set and demonstrable experience in cultural change and transformation management
- High ability to influence without authority throughout the organisation through a strong interpersonal skillset
- Proven track record in driving organizational development
- Have strong and impactful presentation, communication and facilitation skills, to promote organizational buy-in
- You possess the ability to handle complex problems in a structured, fact-based and analytical way
- Experience leading teams in a matrix organisation
- Are fluent in English, written and spoken
You are a great communicator and an acknowledged team player with a high degree of personal integrity with a desire to become a true partner to the business. You are able to lift the bar and energize people around you, while maintaining a strong personal drive and the ability to get things done.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
For further information, please contact: Tanja Gourbo-Novik, +45 50450581
Last application date: 18/5/2018
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.