Technical Specialist for Client/Server Engineering
Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 90% of global trade carried by sea, there is a fairly high chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel.
When joining Maersk IT you help in delivering a world-class ocean vessel IT infrastructure that ultimately will bring the right goods to the right customers, on time.
A unique opportunity for personal and professional development in a Fortune 500 company.
- Be part of a large scale system implementation, building a strong platform for a future career at Maersk IT and A.P. Møller Mærsk.
- Get to interact with leading IT vendors, internal subject matter experts, and internal and external IT professionals.
- A fast paced and dynamic environment with a distinct respect for the individual.
- We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
The job will be based in Copenhagen and be part of our operations group in IT. Some travel activity can be expected, details can be discussed in a personal interview.
Maersk is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. In addition to salary, our package consists of a pension scheme, health insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
- Acts as subject matter expert in client/server engineering, consulting on development and operations. Is a source of knowledge, technique, or expertise
- Supports developing new vessel IT solutions
- Translates subject matter terminology into business terms and recommends alternatives
- Creates and reviews technical documentation (such as user guides, training manuals and system specifications) prior to distribution to end users
- Take role in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, testing and documenting Client Server systems and software in a laboratory environment and on ocean vessels
We are looking for
- Gained +3 years of experience in developing and/or deploying of client/server systems
- Stakeholder management skills
- Strong windows (server and client) skills
- A solid network and security foundation is a must
- Strong automation and scripting skills (Ansible, PowerShell, YAML)
- Bitlocker, application scripting and development, server automation
- S/W & H/W storage concepts and technologies
- MSFT HA and Hyper-V technologies and functions
- Strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail
- Analytical mind-set
- Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organisation in English
- Focused on quality
- In addition to above the suitable candidate has ideally:
- Experience in the marine, automotive or manufacturing industry
- Degree in Computer Science
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Last application date: 23/5/2018.
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed: email@example.com
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.