Senior Software Engineer for Endomondo - Under Armour Connected Fitness
Endomondo is a global leading social fitness app and part of the Under Armour Connected Fitness family of apps, including UA Record, MapMyFitness, and MyFitnessPal. Together we represent the world’s largest connected fitness community with more than 200 million users. From couch potatoes to enthusiastic runners, we touch millions of lives every day. The Under Armour mission is straightforward. “Under Armour makes you better!”. Our goal is to make all athletes better, and motivate more people to be active.
We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer to join the Endomondo team, to take the experience to the next level for our fast growing community with millions of users worldwide.
About the role
As our new backend engineer, you will be developing new features for the Endomondo sports community as well as continuously ensuring scalability of the system.
You will be involved in the whole process of development, from scope description to estimations and from design to implementation and release. In all phases, you will work closely with skilled colleagues and our product team.
We are looking for someone that…
- Has 5+ years experience writing software within an Agile or similar development environment
- Has solid knowledge of the technological fundamentals of developing applications for the Internet, including Unix/Linux, relational databases, HTTP and REST
- Has a strong understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture/data structures
- Has experience with Java and an application framework like Equinox, Spring, etc., especially an ORM (object relational mapper) component
- Build- and Release-Engineering (Jenkins)
- Either has experience with or is interested in working at scale
- Picks up new technology quickly
- Wants to make an impact and is ready to take ownership and responsibility for their work
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms
- Experience with Configuration management experience (puppet, ansible, saltstack or similar)
- Experience with High volume Message Queues (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS)
- Experience with Microservices architectures
- Experience with HA, Nginx, Puppet, Docker, K8S, Solr or Elasticsearch
- An awareness of privacy and security by design principles is a plus
- A job with a real purpose. Make all athletes better. Motivate millions of people to live more active lives
- A great culture with a strong can-do attitude, in a casual atmosphere with competent and professional colleagues
- An unrivalled office location in Copenhagen with beautiful surroundings. Perfect for doing sports or just taking a walk
- Fun and social events. Like what about starting your Wednesday mornings doing pilates with your colleagues
- Great coffee, snacks and a tempting buffet lunch including special dietary options
- Competitive salary, bonus, pension scheme and benefits
How to apply
- Submit your CV and motivation letter in English
- All applications are evaluated continuously
Working hours: Full-time
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Requirement: You must be fluent in English and eligible to work and live in Denmark