Department manager - software R&D
Strategic overview, attention to detail, project management and people management skills. You will need it all to drive this agile software department!
The 3Shape Audio software is used world-wide by the audio industry to design and 3D print in-ear devices like custom hearing aids and music headsets. The products developed by the Audio team range from Windows desktop applications for 3D scanning and CAD modelling, through patient data management and into Cloud services for data transfer and analysis.
The project is in a healthy state which enables us to deliver high value features to our customers while continuously improving the quality. Building on this, we want to explore some very exciting new business opportunities and at the same time move towards a more continuous delivery minded approach.
For this purpose, we are looking for a skilled manager with plenty of drive and initiative. Someone who can plan strategically for a growing department, who can keep a project on track and communicate well with stakeholders, who understands agile software development and continuous delivery, and last but not least, who can motivate and empower extremely clever individuals to make the coolest software products.
You will be heading a development department of about 20 friendly, energetic colleagues. We value team-work, we help each other, and we have fun together. We work in an agile environment and use Kanban as the main work process. The team members are co-located 50-50 in Copenhagen and Kiev and collaborate closely and continuously.
As a successful candidate you should
- Have professional experience with software project management and agile development
- Have professional experience with line management
- Be an energetic and positive person, open to input from others
- Be able to understand, describe, and summarize complex technical solutions
- Have a mindset of continuous improvement
- Be able to prioritize and juggle many goals at once
- Possess a strong level of English – both written and spoken
In the job, you will be responsible for
- Planning, and driving department goals and project milestones
- Alignment between software development teams, product management, hardware development, and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with the test and release manager to execute timely releases
- Supporting and driving a common vision of superior processes and products
- People management for the Danish part of the development team (8-10 people)
- An attractive workplace with highly skilled and committed colleagues in an informal environment
- Many interesting challenges that will require your technical, analytical and communicative skills
- Tremendous career development opportunities, due to 3Shape’s exponential growth
- Open mindedness in a fun, professional atmosphere
- Competitive employment terms and benefits with strong focus on a good work-life balance
If you are interested, and you believe you can make a truly positive impact in this exciting position, please apply as soon as possible via the link “Apply online” as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We look forward to hearing from you!
Steen Frost Tofthøj, mobile: +45 70 27 26 20.
3Shape is changing dentistry together with dental professionals across the world by developing innovations that provide superior dental care for patients. Our portfolio of 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software solutions for the dental industry includes the multiple award-winning 3Shape TRIOS intraoral scanner, the upcoming 3Shape X1 CBCT scanner, and market leading scanning and design software solutions for dental labs.
Two graduate students founded 3Shape in Denmark’s capital in the year 2000. Today, 3Shape has over 1,200 employees serving customers in over 100 countries from an ever-growing number of 3Shape offices around the world. 3Shape’s products and innovations continue to challenge traditional methods, enabling dental professionals to treat more patients more effectively.
Working at 3Shape
Become part of an international success, financially as well as product wise. As an employee, you have plenty of room to both make a difference and fulfil personal ambitions in a very knowledge intensive and challenging environment.
Through the relentless drive for new digital innovation by 3Shape, we claim to be the most extensive and versatile CAD/CAM system on the market.
3Shape - a Global Company
3Shape is headquartered in Copenhagen, with development teams in Denmark as well as in the Ukraine and with a production site in Poland. 3Shape is a global company with presence in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Employing and developing the right people is an important key to 3Shape's success. We want to be the best within our business, an ambition which has created a true fighting spirit throughout the company - with lots of commitment and courage, and a professional attitude towards business.