Microsoft Systems Engineer (Automation Engineer)
Are you a confident individual that who is interested in the latest developments in the DevOps and automation arena?
If this is you - read on...
For the role of Systems Engineer we are looking for an individual with a strong Microsoft based technical background. The role will include developing, testing and supporting our tool sets. It also includes coaching and collaborating with different engineering teams to support and create ‘Highly Available’ solutions. This is the perfect role for a talented IT professional who is open for new areas and technologies.
An exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive international environment. We value and actively support a continuous professional and personal development.
As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In addition to salary, our package consists of a pension scheme, health insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
You will be expected to work hand in hand with product owners, development, testing and infrastructure people. Together you will identify and realize engineering solutions to enable increased efficiency across the full development, delivery and support lifecycle.
The Systems Engineer position is a hands-on expert role. You must be an individual who thrives on providing technical solutions to problems and who constantly seeks opportunities for improvement.
Someone joining our team today can expect the majority of their time to be spent working with:
- CI/CD pipeline tooling
- Test automation tooling enablement including BDD and TDD tooling
- Configuration management tools
- Containerization technology, such as Docker/Kubernetes
- Monitoring and reporting tools.
We are looking for
- PowerShell scripting experience
- Configuration Management tool experience, preferably Ansible in a windows environment
- Experience of Jenkins, TFS/VSTS, TeamCity or similar CI tools
- Good experience of using a modern Source Control system, e.g. Git
- Windows development experience
- Azure cloud based product experience.
Nice to have
- Windows build tools, eg CMake, MS Build, NANT
- Python Scripting Experience
- Orchestration tooling experience, e.g. Kubernetes
- Database experience, particularly SQL Server or Oracle DB
- NoSQL experience, particularly Cassandra
- Modern .NET ecosystem
- Modern Java ecosystem
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date: 1/6/2018.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.