DevOps Engineer for Endomondo - Under Armour Connected Fitness
Endomondo is a global leading social fitness app and part of the Under Armour Connected Fitness family of apps, including UA Record, MapMyFitness, and MyFitnessPal. Together we represent the world’s largest connected fitness community with more than 200 million users. From couch potatoes to enthusiastic runners, we touch millions of lives every day. The Under Armour mission is straightforward – “Under Armour makes you better!”. Our goal is to make all athletes better and motivate more people to be active.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the Endomondo team in Copenhagen to take the experience to the next level for our fast-growing community with millions of users worldwide.
About the role
As our new DevOps engineer, you will be developing operational solutions as well as continuously ensuring scalability of our cloud services for the Endomondo sports community.
You will be working together with our engineering team to identify issues across the entire stack and provide architecture input to anticipate our future needs.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has solid experience with AWS and Linux Administration
- Has strong understanding of scaling systems reliably in AWS (global experience is a bonus)
- Has production experience with data stores and/or async messaging (MySQL, Redis, Kafka, Elastic Search, etc.)
- Has experience with automation/configuration management tools, such as Puppet, Ansible or SaltStack
- Has experience with log management and visualization
- Either has experience with or is interested in working at scale
- Picks up new technology quickly.
- Programming experience, preferably within a Java Ecosystem setup
- Experience with high-volume Message Queues (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS)
- Experience with microservices architectures
- Experience with HA, tomcat, Nginx, Docker, K8S
- An awareness of privacy and security by design principles is a plus.
- A job with a real purpose, making all athletes better and motivating millions of people to lead more active lives.
- A great culture with a strong can-do attitude in a casual atmosphere with competent and professional colleagues.
- An unrivalled office location in Copenhagen with beautiful surroundings – perfect for doing sports or just taking a walk.
- Fun and social events. For example, start your Wednesday mornings doing Pilates or go for a Friday 5K run with your colleagues.
- Great coffee, snacks, and a tempting lunch buffet, including special dietary options.
- Competitive salary, bonus, pension scheme, and benefits.
How to apply
- Submit your CV and motivation letter in English
- All applications are evaluated continuously.
Working hours: Full-time
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Requirement: You must be fluent in English and eligible to work and live in Denmark