IT Support Technician (Mobility)
Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 90% of global trade carried by sea, there is a fairly high chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel. Would you like to impact the daily lives of people in every corner of the world? Then keep reading. We are searching people that work with our assets, vessels & containers and help Maersk on our Internet of Things journey.
Maersk Headquarters at Esplanaden and the IT Headquarters at Dampfærgevej are highly international and inspiring environments with an attractive value proposition for the employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient.
In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year. You are also invited to participate in our abundant breakfast and lunch scheme and take advantage of our fully equipped in-house fitness centre at Esplanaden, as well as a number of other recreational offers.
A unique opportunity for personal and professional development.
Provides onsite support for mobility solution (as a focus), desktop management, asset management, and physical support for other IT equipment.
Responsible for fulfilling incident and service requests that require physical onsite presence, proactively working with the remote support teams.
Responsible for actioning all assigned requests and incidents and for meeting agreed service levels. Provides technical input and recommendations to continuous improvement projects both at regional and global level.
Problem and Incident Management:
- Receiving, processing and delivering of standard and nonstandard requests for mobile devices, accessories and home connections.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing and correcting incidents within area of responsibility.
- Monthly/quarterly invoicing and reports for home connection, hardware and mobile traffic.
- Reviewing and improving the invoicing process.
- Management and delivery of charges and overviews for verification to the BU stakeholders.
• Responsible for the successful delivery of projects.
• Technical and organizational implementation of new solutions when applicable.
• Close cooperation with stakeholders and establishing awareness about the solutions internally.
Vendor and Contract Management:
- Monitoring performance and ensure that the agreed services consistently meet KPI’s.
- Active participation in meetings with vendors for the improvement of processes.
- Relationship management.
Continual Service Improvement:
- Inventory management- Ordering, sorting and maintaining a healthy buffer of inventory.
- Reacting to and being at the forefront of changing business needs.
- Process improvement of current applications and business processes.
Ensure that the day to day monitoring of spend vs budget.
We are looking for
- In-depth mobility solution knowledge.
- General desktop usage / VPN & Citrix.
- Microsoft info-worker tools (Powerpoint, Access, SharePoint,Lync, Microsoft Project, WIN 7)
- Advanced Excel skill
- Understanding of IT-Security
- ITIL V3 is desired.
- Thorough knowledge of the organisation’s working and diversified business requirements.
- Knowledge about current business processes in Maersk.
- Relationship building and management with key stakeholders.
- People & resources management skills.
- React and adjust quickly to changing business/working conditions.
- Excellent time management, analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive understanding of business case formulation and cost and benefit tracking.
- Extensive understanding of cultural diversities and how to deal with these communication-wise.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Aisha Slim on email@example.com.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.