Senior Software Engineer
At Zendesk, we strongly believe that to build a great product you have to have great people. We enjoy working with other smart focused people who care about both the product and the code they write. We value collaboration and test driven development and release frequently. We like and use agile processes and believe that pragmatism always triumphs over dogmatism. We all own the product and enjoy the impact we have improving it.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to help making Zendesk Guide a Cloud-Native application and to bring it to the next level in terms of orchestration, reliability and stability using cloud functionalities as they are supposed to. Guide is made by different services that need to be robust, scalable and maintainable. You’ll have the skills, experience, wisdom, ability to collaborate and patience to work with the team to deliver high quality software to meet our customers needs.
What You Get To Do Everyday
- Build a product made of application and services, used by millions of customers every day with. instrumentation and performance in mind, collect meaningful stats and metrics to demonstrate how different subsystems behave and impact us overall.
- Help us improve availability across multiple datacenters.
- Moving legacy monolithic apps into the Cloud and into dedicated datastores.
- Be part of a SCRUM, iterative development.
- Be part of an enthusiastic inclusive team that values interpersonal collaboration and commitment as a group.
What You Bring To The Role
- You build great product, beautiful simple features and run them in the Cloud natively.
- You know what “splitting the monolith” means and you are looking forward to work on the task.
- You’ll want to whiteboard problems with your peers and apply the scientific method to finding a pragmatic solution that is the best fit for the problem.
- You are able to run migrations of application data to new services, you are not afraid of “changing the wheels while the train is running”
- You take initiatives and bring tasks to completion with your team, you hate leaving task unfinished.
- Experience with AWS platform or other Cloud platform Experience with MySQL/Aurora at scale and Kafka are a plusIt doesn’t matter what languages, frameworks or platforms you already know, you are eager to learn new ones and among those Ruby, JS/ECMAScript 6, Scala, Rails, React will be your daily world.
- It doesn’t matter how good you know Kubernetes and Docker, you are craving for learning and mastering these technologies.
- You believe that cloud consumption is bringing our industry into a new era of software-defined disruption and you want to be part of it.
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 100,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.