DevOps Tools Administrator
Head of Development Operations
Solutions and Technology
We are looking for a seasoned administrator to manage our suite of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Bamboo, JIRA Service Desk, Crucible, Confluence, Bitbucket and Crowd), supporting in excess of 500 staff distributed globally and working with Git for source control. You will have hands on experience of machine, database and application administration, installation, upgrade, configuration, workflow maintenance, backup, and disaster recovery.
You will take ownership of the administration, maintenance, upgrade and extension of the development tools and servers, working from an agreed and prioritised backlog of change, and effectively interfacing with our internal IT services.
You must have extensive software engineering experience administering, seamlessly integrating, extending and developing tools and associated documentation to support the software development process and will be expected to conduct evaluations of plugins and cross-tool integrations, and make cases for evolution and optimisation as appropriate.
You will use and maintain version control and backup solutions, supporting and guiding the global teams with release branching and merging and implementing approved approaches. You should also be able contribute to defining and ensuring compliance to software build, integration and deployment processes.
You must be able to analyse the impact of proposed changes, clearly highlight the significance, negotiate agreement from all stakeholders and, working closely with project managers, roll out change across the programme where necessary.
Occasional overseas travel may be required as the need arises.
Essential knowledge, skills & experience
- Acute security awareness
- Demonstrable experience integrating the Atlassian tool chain into development and project management environments, and administering the broader Atlassian suite of tools, including software process modelling, e.g. using Jira workflows
- Experience of configuration control techniques in a management systems environment encompassing administration, in particular Git
- Cross-platform server set up and administration (Windows and Linux); SQL Server and PostgreSQL installation and administration
- Proven experience of backup, disaster recovery, contingency planning, testing and global roll out of business-critical systems
- Sound knowledge of Agile development practices, continuous integration and automation tools, test driven development, continuous delivery practices
- Leadership resolve and technical inquisitiveness with a strong focus on business outcomes
- Keen collaboration, open communication and ability to reach across functional borders
- Experience of working successfully in a global multi-site, multi-cultural organisation.
Desirable knowledge, skills & experience
- Development of tools to extend or complement Atlassian suite
- Clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- Ability to code and script with experience developing web applications and services
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Certification in architecting cloud-based solutions using Amazon Web Services.
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.