Chapter Lead for Architecture & Quality
Are you an inspiring and visionary frontrunner who can keep talented teams motivated, challenged and on track? Then you might be YouSee’s next Chapter Lead.
In YouSee, we are currently taking a radical new approach to accelerating our digital journey. We have established our Digital Warehouse as a joint endeavour, where business experts, software engineers, and user experience designers work side-by-side. Together, we are on a journey to rapidly reinvent the digital experience for our customers. We leverage agile development techniques, best-in-class technology, and early involvement of customers. To stay in the leading position, it is critical for us to bring new ideas to market. With the Digital Warehouse we strive to make that possible.
Your future job
As a Chapter Lead in Digital First - YouSee, your key responsibilities are multifaceted and wide-ranging. You will be responsible for leading, developing and coaching highly skilled employees in the field of web development. Your primary tasks are to apply your expertise to the tasks at hand, and to facilitate the personal and professional development of your chapter members on an ongoing basis through a combination of coaching, mentoring and feedback.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Align resource needs with Product Owners and Tribe Lead
- Attract and recruit needed resources and focus on retaining current talents
- Provide regular feedback to and coaching of Chapter members
- Oversee and improve individual and overall performance of Chapter members
- Evaluate performance of individual Chapter members
- Ensure training and development opportunities are available as required
- Ensure and improve the job satisfaction and well-being of the Chapter members
- Define strategic goals of the Chapter and lead towards the Chapter’s achievement
- Serving the Development Squad in their quest to deliver value to meet stakeholder expectations
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of results and problem solving.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Support and partner with the Product Owner, especially with respect to setting the right team
- Provide all support to the chapter using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Ability to conceptually understand the technical implementation approach of customer facing web application, middleware integration and backend systems architecture
- Drive towards quality
- Working within an agile software engineering environment
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Participate in the transition towards continuous delivery and a DevOps culture both in terms of practices and tools as the path to faster delivery of software in the Tribe.
As a Chapter Lead you will have the HR responsibility over the following areas:
- Squad Architects
- Quality assurance
- Scrum Masters
- Incident management.
You might have a technical background or specific interest in the field of telco, but more importantly you have documented at least 2 years’ experience in a leadership role, within a software organization that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- A Master or Bachelor degree or equivalent by experience
- More than 10 years of experience as an IT expert in software development
- Proven experience in leading, coaching and mentoring technical staff
- Experience in working in environments involving Agile development
- Experience in working with continuous delivery and DevOps
- Knowledge of web development and system architecture concepts
- Strong understanding of risk management.
- Knowledge of or experience with project management methodologies
- Experience with designing software architecture
- Knowledge of SW QA practices within a web development environment.
In short, you must be keen on unlocking the chapter’s potential for us to reach next level of digital service experience. In return, we offer a steep learning curve, the possibility to challenge current workflows, and the opportunity to see your own ideas come to life.
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values. At YouSee, we want to attract and retain women and men of all ages, from all backgrounds, each with her or his own experience. We truly believe that diversity increases performance and creativity.
Tempted by the challenge? Submit your application
We conduct interviews on a continuous basis as we urgently need to fill this position. You will hear back from us as soon as possible after receiving your application. If you have any further questions, please contact Tribe Co Lead Jesper Frederik Gottlieb on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.