Senior Product Designer
At Zendesk, the design culture starts with our three Danish co-founders and flows outward into every aspect of the organization. From the Scandinavian aesthetic of our workspace, to the way we gather, work and create - design is an integral part of everyday life at Zendesk.
Are you a passionate senior designer, interested in helping us visualize the future of the Zendesk Guide product? We would love to hear from you.
You will be an integral part of the product design team in Copenhagen working closely with product managers and engineers to optimise, grow concepts through design exploration, ideation and research.
What we’re looking for
- A Senior Product Designer with a demonstrated track record of managing user centred design methodologies and communicating with senior level stakeholders from all parts of the business. You demonstrate a deep dedication to customers by investing significant time observing them work, and validating ideas with them.
- You collaborate, inspire through conversation, lead on facilitation and design with the user in mind. You’re curious about emerging tools and technologies but you’ve also mastered your own workflow and know when to gather the appropriate inputs. You know how to build trust with colleagues, manage programmatic partners and can use radical candor when it’s needed.
- You possess a portfolio that demonstrates an excellence in user experience and visual design skills that are simple, empathetic and solve a problem. You will be part of our global creative team which spans the disciplines of product design, user research, UX writing and brand. Your home will be here in Copenhagen where you get to work on industry defining, dynamic and complex design challenges for real customers.
What you get to do everyday
- Own the design process through exploration, ideation and user validation.
- Design interaction models, wireframes and mockups that promote ease of use and optimize how customers interact with our products.
- Present design solutions to stakeholders and company executives, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle.
- Develop, grow and champion a positive, productive and passionate design culture.
What you bring to the role
- BFA or similar and a minimum of 5+ years of increasing responsibility in product design.
- Experience in high paced, agile software-as-a-service environments, preferably in the B2B space.
- Proven expertise turning complex business problems into simple and engaging products.
- Strong command of interaction design, visual design and information architecture with a mind for simplicity of design.
- Experience working with and supporting multi-disciplinary teams.
- Capable of communicating and prototyping interactions rapidly at all levels of resolution.
- Deep knowledge of modern web UI patterns.
- Propensity for experimentation.
- A portfolio that showcases your work, provides detail of your role on projects and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed from requirements through design delivery.
- Desire and ambition to grow, mentor and support other designers on the team.
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.