Project Manager for IT department
Are you motivated to structure and steer a portfolio of projects in a growing IT company? And do you have the drive to make your mark on the projects through their whole life cycle? If so, we have just the job for you.
You manage and mature a portfolio of projects
As a Project Manager, you are the key player who mature the business and take our portfolio of IT projects to the next level. You oversee all project management phases from project initiation and planning to execution, monitoring, and project closure. The portfolio includes a broad range of internal and external projects such as our ERP service, BI project, internal development tool suite, and customer facing ITSM solution. You will be in charge of 1 to 3 projects at the same time, and the projects typically continue for 3 to 6 months. This means that you will face many diverse projects that change over time and leave your fingerprints at all levels of the organisation. You join the Business Application and Support team where you get 6 dedicated and experienced colleagues with technical backgrounds. In addition, you work closely together with the business to ensure business satisfaction.
Your tasks will include:
- Managing project portfolio and oversee all project management phases
- Defining and managing the scope of IT involvement in the projects such as requirements, feasibility, costs, schedule, and risk analysis
- Planning of demand management for IT
- Reporting of projects and ensure compliance with requirements
- Managing and preparing budgets
- Selecting vendors
- Coordinating transition of completed projects to service operations and support.
Be challenged at a dynamic IT company
At Systematic, our emphasis is on making everything better. We have a passion for developing the strongest solutions for our customers. Therefore, we work with CMMI and the best aspects of Lean, Scrum, and ITL. We challenge each other, our work processes, and our technologies so that we are always at the forefront of development. This means that as a Project Manager, you will have an influence on your daily work and freedom to make decisions from day one. You will face exciting work on a daily basis, and close co-operation is the key to ensuring that we make a difference to the world we live in.
Experienced Project Manager with communicative skills
We imagine that you have a background within IT and at least 5 years of experience as a Project Manager of IT projects. You know how to steer IT projects and are aware of the elements that need to be put in place in all management phases. In addition, you have a natural understanding and interest for business dynamics.
You will stand about because you:
- Are able to take the lead and motivate a team of people
- Can communicate objectives clearly and are able to delegate tasks
- Are capable of capturing business requirements and presenting rational and practical solutions
- Write and speak professionally and know how to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences
- Meet deadlines and deliver to the agreed quality
- Are proactive, self-driven and fully accept responsibility for own work
- Work well with people at all levels of the organisation and are willing to support a colleague, share knowledge, or ask for advice
- Are inquisitive and enjoy learning and self-development.
Additionally, you speak and write English fluently.
We work with security-classified projects, and therefore, you as an employee at Systematic need to have security clearance. Read more here: systematic.com/clearance.
Have we not answered all of your questions?
You are always welcome to contact us at tel. +45 8943 2000 and ask for Tim Timmins, Senior Manager. We continuously assess applications, as we wish to fill the position as soon as possible. Place of work is Aarhus. We look forward to hearing from you.
Since we wrote our first line of code in 1985, privately owned Systematic A/S has grown to an international software house with more than 900 colleagues with 27 different nationalities, spread across offices in 12 countries and with customers all over the world. Our goal is simple: To improve the world with exceptional software. We deliver software and system solutions for customers within the public sector, the health sector, the defence, the police, the financial sector and the service sector and there are more than 1.000.000 users’ worldwide. We work on a foundation of trust, where we have freedom and responsibility for making decisions in our everyday lives. We are dedicated to making a difference and dare to challenge technology, each other and ourselves. As a new employee at Systematic, helpful colleagues welcome you, and you can look forward to both a mentor arrangement and all the support you need. Together, we can develop and fulfil your potential and make Systematic even better.