Experienced Engineering Manager in a global organization
Would you like to join a dedicated and diverse global team? Do you have a proven track record of results within NPD and Product Lifecycle Management? We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager with an Electronics or SW background to join our team in Aarhus.
As our new Engineering Manager you will report directly to the Engineering Director and will manage the day-to-day activities of our global Engineering team spread between locations in Aarhus, Belluno Italy, and Xian China. You will coordinate efforts between the onsite development team and external development partners, Product Managers and Project Mangers in line with our overall business strategy.
Your role requires extensive agile development experience, as you will manage and coordinate smaller projects, such as engineering support tasks,minor refresh or redesign projects and key SW releases, not yet assigned to one of our project managers. In this capacity you will also funciton as the Release Manager.
To be succesful in this job, as a main liason between multiple functions supporting NPD, Customer Support, and Product Lifecycle Management, you posess excellent communication skills and team work competencies. To achieve results, early involvement in the specification and scoping effort for new projects will be critical for your success. A key element of working across locations and product segments in a matrix organization with remote and diverse teams is openness to other cultures. Finally, your ability to motivate your team, to plan and report to achieve objectives and drive results is a key requirement.
- Leadership of engineering team
- Overall responsibility for Engineering Systems Specifications
- Develop and manage the assigned teams through PMP and individual development plans
- Definition of test/QA requirements and support departments in the design of test cases
- Rapid HW and SW Prototyping
- Engineering team resource allocations and daily status meetings
- Support – 2. Line support
- Knowledge sharing
- Task description, distribution and coordination
- Requirement specification and documentation
- Design project plans in cooperation with PME
- Project status control
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar
- Project Management experience, preferably using Agile project management concepts
- Deep understanding of product development practices with proven ability to work across borders and teams
- Leadership skills with minimum 5-10 years experience in managing teams
- Computer Science/Software Engineering experience is preferred
- Experience with data integration, application programming, decision support, transactional processing, IoT, client/server architectures, and firmware development.
- Experience with web development based on user behavior and workflows
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience
- Reefer operations, logistics, facility management, HVAC or/and refrigeration experience preferred
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills in English.
- Identify and involve business stakeholders
- Drive and lead change
- Identify and utilize knowledge networks
English must be fluent, both written and orally
Travel: 25 %
Are you interested?
Jobindex serves as recruitment partner on this position. If you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process, please contact IT-recruitment consultant at Jobindex Søren Møller at +45 88 63 00 28.
Please apply for the position by clicking the “Apply here” link below. Start date is as soon as possible, but we will wait for the right candidate.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Rekrutteringskonsulent hos Jobindex
Tlf. +45 88 63 00 28
Please write in your application that you saw the job listing at it-jobbank.