Senior Product Owner, Milestone Store
Do you have experience as a Product Owner? Are you able to translate the voice of our customers into actionable solutions? Are you interested to join the no. 1 Video Management System company in the world? Then keep reading as you might be our next colleague.
Roles & Responsibilities
Ensure that Milestone Store (e-commerce solution based on a Dynamic Web frontend and a Navision backend) is fit for purpose and developed according to business needs. As such, your primary responsibility is to be the voice of the customers and translate needs and problems into workable solutions.
The key role is to link the business process owners/product managers and the development organization. You are responsible for coordinating, designing and driving implementation of often conflicting priorities in a complex business environment with a relative high level of unpredictability. Key stakeholders are Marketing, Sales, Support, Finance, Business Management, Hardware Appliance teams in the business.
You work in an agile environment where you co-edit epics, writes feature and user stories. You drive the grooming process and are accountable for quality toward the business. You will prioritize the feature team backlog so that the solution effectively addresses priorities and ensures technical integrity cross the various technology platforms.
- Defining, maintaining and prioritizing the feature team backlog of user stories, tasks and defects
- Identify the proper solutions (with an equal focus on process and application design) and drive the features throughout the design and development process
- Work with feature teams to ensure quality of implementation
- Understand the business logic and challenge requirements that make a solution unnecessarily complicated
- Escalate large roadblocks for implementation of the ongoing features
- Strive for product excellence rather than schedule in the execution of ongoing features
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
Experienced and agile
You have a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Business with 5+ years of experience from the IT industry or a larger internal IT organization. You have 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner/Demand Manager.
You have/will over time build a deep understanding of Milestone Store and how it integrates with business process, other Milestones IT solutions and as well as our products and online services.
Also, we expect you to have:
- Experience with implementing ERP solutions (preferable Dynamics NAV) in an international environment
- Hands on experiences with business process design and implementation
- Experience with web shop development and ERP integration
- Experience with Agile development practices, in particular Scrum
- Deep passion for customer-driven design thinking and technology
- Track record of innovative solutions to customer needs
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and in writing)
Team player with drive, passion and good sense
- You are a team player with energy, humor and creativity that shares our passion for what great design and technology can do for our customers.
- You have strong views on what is right, but are open to new ideas.
- You are robust, can navigate in a complex environment on all management levels and love to take the lead
- You have strong business acumen
- You are capable of speaking business with IT and technology with the business and you thrive working across cultures
The Department & the Team
The Product Owner is reporting to the Director of Business Engagement and Architecture, a newly established team in Milestones Global IT organization. The team is responsible for ensure Milestone’s business capabilities are adequately supported with digital tools and as such drives the digitization of Milestone.
The team is responsible for
- Governance and Performance Management to ensure investments in IT generate business value, that IT decision processes are efficient and effective, and the IT delivers value to the business at an acceptable cost level
- Architecture to guide IT investment by maintaining a picture of how IT supports present and future business capabilities. Definition and implementation of target architecture and roadmaps for technologies and data
- Consulting to support the business organization in IT and process related discussions.
- Product Ownership to translate problems into solution recommendations (technology and business process), to bridge business and IT Development, to safeguard solution quality
- Project Delivery where agile development does not suffice (e.g. definition and delivery of initial MVP, standard systems and technology projects)
You will be located in Copenhagen.
If you’re interested in joining Milestone systems, then please apply by submitting your CV in English no later than Friday, 17th of August 2018.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about the company/role, please contact Director, Business Engagement & Architecture, Søren E. Jensen at +45 88 300 681 (Available starting 1 August 2018)
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.