Are you a strong technical mind and fast learner with drive and interest in the digitalization of business and society? Would you like to experiment with new software technologies and assess their use for real life scenarios? Then you may be the expert we are looking for in our Office of Technology in KMD – setting the technology agenda for the largest Danish IT company.
The software behind concepts such as Augmented Reality, Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence continue to evolve. Consequently, we are expanding our team that monitors, experiments with and understands such new technologies, guiding the organization to bring the benefits to our clients as fast as possible.
About the team
In KMD’s Office of Technology we are responsible for researching new technologies and enabling the implementation of their advantages into our products. We do internal proof-of-concepts with e.g. machine learning and chatbots on different technology platforms and work closely with the software center and sales to explore business advantages. We co-innovate with clients to explore the potential of technologies in their areas of business.
The Office of Technology (OoT) is a part of the Strategy, Technology and Communication unit at KMD, responsible for driving the overall future direction of KMD.
The position will place you at the core of a major transformation process and provide you with the opportunity to influence the future direction of KMD. Join us and:
- Become part of a small group of leading technologists
- Work with the software of tomorrow
- Bring your curiosity and we will give you the freedom to try out new ideas
- Get the opportunity to influence technology selection, tools and partnerships
- Join a culture where we learn as we go
As Chief Technologist you will be responsible for:
- Exploring specific software technology areas such as e.g. Machine Learning, Blockchain, Software Robots establishing guidance and direction for the rest of the company as well as for clients
- Developing trials and customer pilots on leading software platforms such as e.g. Microsoft Azure, Amazon Cloud or Google Cloud
- Performing client presentations and sharing technology insights in articles and blogs
- Assessing and reviewing solutions across the company
- Participating in technology innovation assignments with clients
- Assisting in implementing technology processes and tools across the company
You are basically a strong software engineer/developer/architect with great consulting skills and a leadership attitude. This means:
- You are an experienced software engineer/architect that regularly implement and use new libraries and tools (We primarily use C#, Java and Python, however you should be able to quickly learn new languages)
- You preferably have implementation experience within Deep Learning/AI
- You are fast at understanding new software frameworks and learn by implementing running demos
- You thrive at collaborating with people as yourself in a strong technical team
- You have great consulting and presentation skills
- You have a strong analytical mind
- You have a minimum 5 years of work experience with software architecture & development, and have been technical lead of software projects/products
- You are curious, thrive in an informal, innovative environment, have a can-do attitude and independently take initiative
- You are fluent in English and understand Danish
- You preferably have a master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
You will be working at KMD’s headquarter in Ballerup in a small group of like-minded individuals. Some client visits across Denmark can be expected. You will be reporting to the CTO of KMD.
KMD is the largest Danish-based IT company. We are a leading supplier of mission-critical software, technology solutions and IT services primarily to Denmark’s public sector and have a growing footprint in the private sector both domestically and in Sweden and Norway.
Our Headquarter is in Ballerup/Greater Copenhagen, with three additional offices across Denmark as well as development centers in Oslo, Poland and India.
The KMD Group has an annual revenue of around DKK 5.6 billion and around 3,500 employees. KMD is owned by Advent International and Sampension.
Read more at kmd.dk and kmd.dk/csrrapport2017
Do you want to know more?
If you have questions concerning the internship, you are welcome to contact CTO Hans Jayatissa, email@example.com
We are continually interviewing suitable candidates. We therefore encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.