Automation Architect - Aarhus
Do you want to be a key player in the standardization of Arla’s ONE Automation platform across our dairy sites? Are you skilled and experienced within automation architecture? Arla is looking for a Platform Architect for Automation, where you will take technical responsibility and lead for our automation platform, ensuring the most optimal solution for our dairies.
Arla ONE Automation & MES standards is a key stone area to meet the digitalization agenda in Arla. We aim to support all sites with strong standards for PLC systems, SCADA and DCS software. We aim to make benefit of the Industrial 4.0 and IIOT initiatives and support dairies with new technologies when it fit’s business needs.
Draw the future picture of Arla’s Automation Platform
Your primary area of responsibility will be to prepare standardized automation platform description based on the different platforms Siemens, Rockwell, ABB 800xA and Wonderware InTouch templates. We have a number of trusted automation vendors capable of using Arla standard platform technologies to our sites.
You will ensure that the automation platform complies with operational and business related requirements, as well as ensuring that standardized template design documents are prepared. Additionally, you will have a close cooperation with other architects and specialists to service the customers at the dairies in the best manner. You will together with the MES Platform and IIOT architects play an important role in the platform team, as a specialist and coach for other teams using the automation platform, and take responsibility for the generalization of the automation platform across the factories, which fits our overall infrastructure and meets the needs of internal customers at the sites.
- Develop target architecture, technical guidelines and IT governance for a scalable automation platform.
- Be a key player finding next generation technologies to build automation and digital platform solutions.
- Create technical roadmaps and design documents, that enables the development and maintenance of standard automation templates by our trusted vendors.
- Participate in workshops and meetings with customers, vendors and other project participants, also managing technical parts of vendor contracts.
- Contribute to the development of existing and new IT solutions.
You will join our dairy program together with 4 Architect colleagues and you will be a part of the IT Solutions team with more than 90 colleagues using agile methods as the way of working. You will be located at our headquarters in Aarhus. However, you should expect approx. 40 days of travel per year to our locations in Denmark, Germany, Poland, Sweden and the UK.
We expect that you:
- Have significant experience within the Automation System domain and related requirements to Manufacturing processes
- Have a master degree within IT or other relevant areas, with a minimum of 5 years of experience with architectural related work (Solution, Lead or Service architect), delivering documentation for both decision makers and developers
- Are able to translate business needs into specialized IT competencies, involving multiple IT disciplines.
- Have a strong business process understanding, enabling you to engage in dialogue with your business owners
- Have experience with technical project management
- Are familiar with the Scrum processes (not necessarily certified)
We expect you to be fluent in Danish and English in writing and speaking.
Please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be evaluated, and interviews conducted, on an ongoing basis.
If you have more questions about this job, feel free to contact the MES Product Owner , Senior Architect Uffe Rasmussen +45 9131 1767, firstname.lastname@example.org or Hiring Manager Maiken Palmquist Langvold, +45 91 31 68 07 email@example.com.