Are you ready for using the full potential of your software developer skills?
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, international company that is paving the way towards the best ferry and road transport services in Europe? If you are a solution-driven person who enjoys using cutting-edge technologies when solving problems - then join DFDS, and become part of our digital journey.
We are investing heavily in digital technologies which will create a fantastic customer experience through a company-wide digital transformation driven by smart data, automation, modularisation, and connectivity.
At this exciting and innovative time, we are looking to expand our agile software development teams in the Passenger area. The ideal candidate is a skilled software developer who can bring fresh ideas to the table and is not afraid to think outside of the box.
More than just a job:
- We highly value team autonomy, mastery and purpose
- Work-life balance is encouraged
- Central location in Østerbro close to Nordhavn station
- Diversity – in business, job functions, and colleagues
- We have a dynamic and fun working environment
You will work as a software developer in a Scrum team, where you’ll be using your skills and education to design, build and run the best possible new solutions. You will make your decisions based on facts and data, challenge them by testing and validating the assumptions and explore new opportunities.
Craftsmanship expected of you:
- Follow the Agile principles
- Work according to the Scrum or Kanban methodology
- Design code which is highly available using Cloud first
- Using a microservicearchitecture which leverages reusable components
- Engage, coordinate and collaborate activities within and across agile teams
- Utilize understanding of continuous integration and deployment
- Maintain excellent code quality and automatization
We value your craftsmanhip and attitude higher than any tech stack, but it is an advantage if you have practical experience with the technologies and architectures we use, such as:
- .NET Core
- AWS and Azure development
- Docker and Kubernetes
- REST API
- Relational databases, e.g. MS SQL Server
- NoSQL databases
- VSTS & Git
As a key part of our strategy, DFDS’ IT & Digital teams are instrumental in providing efficient ferry and road transport services in Europe. DFDS has over the last year generated record operating profits and is building a strong IT and digital team to support innovation and growth. DFDS employs 8,000 people ashore and at sea throughout Europe and the Mediterranean region, including about 4OO curious Digital and IT experts.
If you have questions to the position please contact IT Development Manager Stefan Strandbygaard at +45 41881006. All applications will be treated in confidence.
If you find the job interesting and the expectations sit well with you, please submit your CV and application by clicking "Apply here". We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn.
To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions.
For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services.
Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.