Engineering Manager, Cloud Services
Milestone systems is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Cloud Services team in Copenhagen.
If you are a senior developer or a Manager with experience from Software company with passion to lead and coach others, then this might be the role for you.
You will lead a team responsible for the development and maintenance of Milestone’slicensing system, including licensing administration, licensing activation and other components related to our licensing system.
As you will be in close collaboration with our teams in Bulgaria, 10-20 annual travelling days can be expected.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As an Engineering Manager you are responsible for your team, including onboarding, offboarding, salary reviews, etc. You will report to the group manager in the Cloud Services group. You will be part of a group with a team in Denmark and two teams in Sofia. Close collaboration with the teams and managers in Sofia is vital for the success of the group.
You must be able to work in an agile environment and are able to work in an environment where requirements’ setting is a continuous process and design &development is done in 2-week sprints in close collaboration with the Product Owner.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Attract and recruit new talents
- Ensure low attrition for current talents
- Ensure good onboarding for new hires
- Ensure continuous training and development opportunities for the team
- Provide regular feedback and coaching to team members
- Evaluate and improve individual performance of team members and overall performance for the team
- Ensure and improve the job satisfaction and well-being
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of results and problem solving.
- Ensure that corporate strategy is understood and executed in team.
Academic Education and Experience:
You hold a degree as a bachelor, master or higher in computer science or similar. We expect you to actively develop your knowledge and skills within the software industry and always strive at being on top of the new industry trends.
- You are an experienced People Manger with 3+ years of experience as people management.
- You have 5+ years of professionally experience within the software development industry.
- You have been working professionally with Scrum or another agile development method.
- You have experience working with complex IT systems
- Skilled in C# og .NET
- Preferably Azure technology experience
- Preferably, you have been working in an international company and have experience with cross site collaboration
- Excellent professional English.
Competencies & Skills:
- You lead by example
- You possess a solid ability to build relationships and create trust with both internal and external stakeholder
- You are good at networking in your company and not afraid of reaching out of the team to get help or help others.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- You are actively practicing coaching and giving feedback
- As a person, you have a strong quality mind-set
- You have a drive towards quality
- You are a team player who values integrity and honesty and are willing to take on any task needed for the team to succeed.
- You are open for new ideas and embraces changes.
- You display initiative and drive.
- You are a role model for less experience team members, willing coach and mentor.
- You are good at adopting and contributing to company culture
- You are able and willing to work with existing code bases.
If you want to take on this exciting challenge and become a part of our fast-growing technology company, submit your application incl. CV in English no later than 13 August 2018.
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.