Hardware Development Engineer
Contribute to the success of our business and be part of the Appliances team in the no. 1 Video Management System in the world
By joining the Appliances team, you will be part of a business line offering state of the art unit with the Milestone VMS software preloaded. Our Hardware enabled us to increase the video capability resulting in winning more business
About the Appliance team
Since Milestone Systems is a software company, the Appliance business will require a broad team to manage the hardware activities. The team has the ability to develop new units while maintaining existing models. The Appliances team also have the sourcing, manufacturing and supply chain responsibility within the group.
The team consists of a variety of specialized competencies such as software development, supply chain management, process optimization and quality assurance that all match our ambitious growth plans. By joining the Appliance team, you will be part of an exciting journey that requires hard work and commitment, but also a rare opportunity to influence and build a successful business.
Your responsibility includes
Being the Hardware interface with Milestone’s development partner and by that focus on the:
Hardware design in the Appliance projects
Typical areas being PC motherboard design
Thermal architecture to manage the heat dissipation
Mechanical design of the units casing
- HW development within electronics, mechanics and mechatronics
- Verification and testing of the unit
- Certification and compliance of the unit for all countries in the targeted markets
- Production process development
- Design for repair
- Design for supply chain
- Quality Management and setting Quality Requirements (Book of Quality)
- Setup way of working from a HW perspective
Your department is also responsible for:
- Working cross-functionally within the Appliance organization with external and internal interfaces
- Designing the hardware technical roadmap
Education and skills requirements:
The ideal candidate has experience from a similar role in a matrix organization. It is an advantage having worked with outsourced development and manufacturing.
- 5-10 years of experience from the electronic appliance, consumer electronics or computer industry
- Master´s degree in Electrical and/or Mechanical engineering
- Experience with design, development and validation within and in combination with the Electrical, Mechatronic and Mechanical engineering field
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of electronic modules including manufacturing aspects
- Experience with electrical analysis
- Knowledge of circuit board design and development
- Working knowledge of computer component and system level test plans
- Experience from cooperating with suppliers and partners in Asia
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Full English proficiency in speech and writing
- Independent and proactive with strong interpersonal skills
- Outgoing and relationship building
- Experience from Supplier Quality Engineer work is a merit
Milestone is a Great Place to Work
Milestone Systems is a great place for you to continue or kick-start your career. We have a career model that supports your development, and the perks are numerous:
- Individual career path – technical and leadership growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular 1:1 follow-ups with your manager
- Multicultural environment with IT professionals from a wide range of countries in a high-tech organization
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored “All Inclusive” program with breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, fruit and beverages, health insurance, massage and reflexology treatments and company bikes
- Social work environment – active personnel club hosting events like cooking classes, tasting events, outdoor activities, cultural events, Friday bar and annual Christmas and summer parties
- Work life balance – flexible working hours and five extra vacation day
We look forward to receiving your application written in English. All candidates must be eligible to work in Denmark in order to be considered. Applications should be sent no later than 19 August 2018
For more information, please contact Director of Appliances, Per-Olof Bergkvist at +45 88 300 300 or visit our website: www.milestonesys.com.
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.