Data Centre Site Operations Manager
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. We are recruiting for a Site Operations Manager, in this exciting high- profile role you will be responsible for the effective operation and management of our Apple Data Center site located in Viborg, Denmark, to provide stable and cost effective hosting services for Apple’s internal and external applications and services including “Mission Critical” services such as iTunes, iCloud, Apple Online Store, Apple’s Retail stores, Siri, Apple Maps, Apple Pay as well as critical Enterprise services such as SAP, Directory Services and credit card processing systems.
- Proven experience with up to director level responsibility for DC and other IT disciplines.
- You will have successfully run high density, Internet Data Centers of a size and complexity commensurate with Apple’s Data Centers.
- Data Center and Systems Management experience with “standard methodologies” in the area of data center operations and infrastructure monitoring, Problem Management, Change Management and Configuration Management.
- Are you a collaborative leader with ability to plan, organize, and motivate others to achieve objectives?
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions that are based ongood judgment and business rationale.
- Are you passionate about project management and project planning skills; strong organization skills and professional demeanor?
- Do you love working under pressure and handle difficult situations?
- Can you demonstrate experience of leading a team of technical senior individual contributors and managers?
This person will join the Apple Data Center team initially as part of the project team to plan and construct the data center, once the site is operational they will be required to set and maintain a culture of operational rigor throughout all teams at the site, manage high priority problems, handle escalations and maintain timely and accurate communication to executive management. They will also inspire and support effective collaboration, communication and teamwork within the site’s operations and with other DC sites.
In this role you will work closely with other Apple DC site manager’s on the development and effective deployment of standard procedures and practices across all sites as well as driving a culture of continual improvement throughout their site.
- Leading all activities within the boundaries of the assigned site.
- Facilities related activities covering both electrical and mechanical systems at the site.
- The detailed management of all racking and cabling for the installation, movement and decommissioning of devices hosted at the DC.
- Site material receiving, shipping, inventory management and materials movement on site in support of both Facilities operations and Site Services operations. Site Logistics operations.
- Collaboration with peers to develop, publish and maintain standard processes covering all areas of DC Site Operations.
- Collaboration with the GDCS Capacity Management team to ensure availability of and effective utilization of available DC space and power.
- Collaboration with Data Center Architecture and Design team to drive down total cost of DC operations and reduce DC delivery lead time.
- Collaboration with other IS&T leaders to develop, put into place and maintain readiness for those portions of IS&T’s Disaster Recovery planning that relate to the site.
- Publication of weekly, monthly and quarterly site operational dashboards and reports.
- Planning, forecasting, management and control of matters including site capital expenditure, site operation expense, and site headcount planning.
- Preferred to have a BSc or BA and 10+ years of related experience with a consistent record of progressively increasing responsibilities.