Data Center Chief Engineer
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big The Data Center Chief Engineer position will work with the Site Manager, with overall responsibilities for operating and maintaining the data center critical facilities infrastructure and leading the related staff. You will be a key member of the Viborg, Denmark Data Center and part of Apple’s Global Data Center Services Group.
- Extensive infrastructure experience with a focus on DC Facilities operations.
- Strong leadership and management skills and experience.
- A very good understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in use in the DC environment including substations, transformers, generators, switchgear, UPS systems, ATS & ASTS units, PDU/RPP units, chillers, cooling towers, CRAC/CRAH units.
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to employees, contractors and vendors performing maintenance or upgrade work on systems installed in a Data Center environment.
- You will understand the production environment and excel in customer service.
- Data Center Management construction and or commissioning experience highly desirable.
- Ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night.
- You will be detail oriented.
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You will lead preventive maintenance activities as well as infrastructure upgrades.
- Build and foster a culture of teamwork at the site.
- Lead others to perform daily responsibilities.
- Report to and interact with senior management as required.
- Run the installation, repair, and maintenance of critical facility systems.
- Responsible for scheduling and leading the regular testing of facility equipment.
- Responsible for executing and tracking planned facilities work at the Data Center.
- Plan and handle the implementation of new Data Center facilities projects.
- Monitor and report on facilities system utilization, capacities, and performance, including power and water.
- Review existing procedures and implement needed additional maintenance procedures.
- Prepare site documentation including floor layouts and engineering designs.
- Develop site solutions in support of various key infrastructure and business needs.
- Review and develop MOPs, SOOs and other procedures for the data centre environment.
- Preferred to have a BS or BS and 5+ years of related experience.