Field Service Engineer - Viborg
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. In this exciting role you will join our new team as a Field service Engineer, responsible for deploying and maintaining servers and infrastructure in Data Centres located within Denmark and some European sites. The function will include the racking and stacking of servers and maintaining the layer 1 infrastructure throughout Apple Data Centres.
- Expertise with Data Centre operational tasks, including rack sizing, construction, equipment installation and decommissioning and willing to do hands-on activities.
- Are you experienced with various copper and fibre cabling structures, cable infrastructure design and labeling methodology?
- Do you possess an acute understanding of regional seismic scales in relation to building codes an advantage?
- You will have experience with DCIM (Data Centre Infrastructure Management) tools. Hands-on operations in securing and monitoring equipment with enterprise level management tools.
- Have you experience of handling increasing responsibilities within a global, multi- cultural, multi-location organization?
- Certification in DC operations or related certification. e.g. CDOM, CDFOM, CDCE, CDCS.
- Confident independent problem solver and self-motivated.
- Have you a global perspective with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organization?
- The proven ability to lead key partner interests while at the same time handling conflicting priorities and business interests.
- Strong communicator at all levels with excellent oral and written skills to a variety of audiences.
- Must be capable of independent problem solving and self-motivated.
- Possesses a global perspective with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organization.
- The shown ability to handle key partners interests while at the same time handling conflicting priorities and business interests.
- Ability to organize and work effectively with other project teams and departments participating in DC related projects.
- Determines project costs/ensures delivery on time and within budgetary guidelines.
- Engage with business partners internally and externally.
- Execute regional location projects in the deployment and maintenance of compute servers in the data centers including cabling infrastructure and RFID elements.
- DC incident management and change control to prevent and/or handle failure scenarios leading to the recovery of services with improvement plans to mitigate future occurrence.
- Vendor management for infrastructure expansion, implement compliance with technical specifications and quality standards.
- You will use DC infrastructure management tools such as Nlyte.
- Some regional travel is required for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.